The Open

mashednlovingit

Anyone watching? Woods smashing it on the front 9.

I should go back for it really as it's my home town. I went when it was there last time and it's cracking weekend.

It is on a bit early here in the USA but I did watch some. The course look like a fair challenge will watch more on the weekend.

Been there since 8 this morning. Woods played very well, didn't manage to hole one lengthy putt though which stopped him having an awesome round.

Not many attacking the pins, most just played it safe guaranteeing par with a small chance of a birdie on most holes.

Hoping for poorer weather conditions to make it more interesting.

A great four days as always.
Glad the wind turned up to help make it interesting for the final round.
Why Scott didn't play it safe on the 18th I'll never know.

Having £5 EW on Els made for a perfect weekend and covered the cost of my ticket :D

Scott's collapse was epic. Good win for Els. Tiger didn't play well on the weekend. I wish the wind had gone all four days would have made for more challenging golf. That course looks tough for the average golfer anyone ever play it?

It was £220 for a week pass. Thurs- Sunday was £70 a day if bought individually.

I've played it before and it's one of the hardest courses I've played when windy.
There's so much luck involved if it does get caught in a big gust can end up anywhere.
The rough was a lot worse than usual as well due to the poor weather they've had all summer.

It was £220 for a week pass. Thurs- Sunday was £70 a day if bought individually.

I've played it before and it's one of the hardest courses I've played when windy.
There's so much luck involved if it does get caught in a big gust can end up anywhere.
The rough was a lot worse than usual as well due to the poor weather they've had all summer.

That is dear, are food and drink stands expensive as well?

I have to come over and play some of the open courses. What is the daily rate to play there?

Back