The Naked Rambler - right or wrong?

Six years is a long time to be in jail for walking around naked!

Not sure what's best to do with him though :confused:

Fair point. :lol:

But for the sake of argument; naturist doesn't translate as pervert and we're ridiculously paranoid about pedophiles these days.

Not sure why we need to shield kids from the sight of an innocent naked man.

Its a bit OTT to be sent to Jail for walking around naked but its covering up the real naked fact that he continues to flaunt and break the law....simple as that. If everybody was allowed to do as they wish there would be chaos.

That doesn't mean we should be afraid of chaos as a peaceful concept.

What's wrong with nekkidness?

Most of the clubs* I go to have a naked man in attendance (just a regular middle aged naked guy - no flaunting intended) - I think it adds something to the atmos personally. :lol:

Those that are offended by these things should definitely be provoked more often.

* Horsemeat disco and pretty much anywhere in Dalston if anyone was wondering.

It's a tricky one. My children would find it hilarious to see a naked man walking past them in the street whereas my mother in law would probably try and cover him up whilst on the phone to the police!

There are far more cases deserving of six years in clink than this guy.

He'd probably fit in better somewhere his life choices are more compatible with public opinion.

As to jailing him ? Pathetic.

I agree. Only thing I'd have a problem with is guys being erect around other people (except at a sex party obviously), or at any time around children. Other than that no problem at all with it - as you probably guessed !

It's a tricky one. My children would find it hilarious to see a naked man walking past them in the street whereas my mother in law would probably try and cover him up whilst on the phone to the police!

There are far more cases deserving of six years in clink than this guy.

This is the funniest bit - the kids, wouldnt be emotionally scarred for life by the sight of a penis and would in fact probably laugh their heads off....

However, to an adult its gross indecency so - unfortunately its them that make the laws - not children....

I have no problem with naturism I indulge a little myself but you have to respect other peoples feelings on the matter and letting it all hang out can upset many.

Even if you don't like it, you have to ask whether he deserves being sent to jail and whether we as a society actually want to pay the 38 grand a year costs!

I say let him ramble! I think it's an offence in Scotland, not in England - if he can only reach the border without being nicked...

I don't know about this one.

Abit of compromise makes the world go round?

If I fancied a bit nakedness then I would tuck it away during the week and lob it out at a nudist beach / party / resort / horsemeatdisco at the weekend.

Back