The Ibiza Real Estate Market

burton

The Real Estate market seems pretty cheap in Ibiza compared to where i'm from, which is intriging since it's such a nice place. I'd probably never buy anything overseas from where I work, but I still enjoy looking at what's for sale.

Thoughts on the market? I feel you can get a lot for your money out there!

ibiza seems cheap!:?:

why where are you from?? How rich are you? How much money have you got?

i'd say ibiza is one of the more expensive places to buy property in europe. certainly in spain, outside madrid and barcelona, it is right up there.

clearly things are more affordable in provincial towns or away from the jet setters in ibiza town. but i don't think i'd ever say you could get a lot for your money in ibiza.

for a studio/1 bed flat in ibiza town that is in decent shape, i'd say you'd need to be thinking €300,000 upwards. that does not seem like good value for money to me.

I live in canada. The city I live in is one of the top 10 or so most expensive real estate markets in the world

Cheap?....lol

Have to agree with everything that Grego has to say here, we looked last May and September while on holiday with a very reasonable budget (or so we thought) and found much of the area we were looking in (Ibiza Town and Figueretas areas) was way out of our league financially.
I am thinking that perhaps this thread might be a wind up, I am sure that if you live in the top areas of any large city in the world Ibiza would look reasonable.....but realistically how many of us live in Mayfair or Kensington?

i've seen apartments overlooking the ocean for a little over 100,000euros

not sure how you call that expensive

100k?

As I said in the previous thread regarding property in Ibiza, we looked last year with a 180-210k (euros) budget and could find nothing worth buying in Ibiza Town/Figueretas areas.
I can show you hundreds upon hundreds of properties advertised on the Internet in Almeria in mainland Spain for instance. What happens when you go out there on a property hunting trip?
All of a sudden all the 100,000 euro properties with sea views turn out to be wrecked donkey stables, I would hazard a guess that the 100,000 euro Ibiza properties advertised on the internet turn out to not be good enough for even a donkey to live in!

I live in canada. The city I live in is one of the top 10 or so most expensive real estate markets in the world

Hi burton,

then you should know that location, location, location is everything! :!:

Roughly one can divide the island in 3 price zones: 1.Ibiza town area
2. Sta. Eulalia
3.San Antonio

I believe you when you saw an apartment with sea view for that price...for sure in San Antonio.....

cheers

Kathy

i've seen apartments overlooking the ocean for a little over 100,000euros

not sure how you call that expensive

€100k will get you (if you're lucky) a 35 sq. m studio.

talking of donkey stables we looked at several here around the half a million mark. kitchens with work surfaces not wide enough to take a plate. second bedroom accessed through first, all or some bedrooms accessed by a walk across an open courtyard, etc etc. we saw some really grim places (about 30 in all) on our search for a house!

ya i think i saw one really small one in san an

and another around the same price in some part of the island more up north

not trying to start an argument, just saying that even some of those little crappy places seem like paradise to own

its just that great of a place

ya i think i saw one really small one in san an

and another around the same price in some part of the island more up north

not trying to start an argument, just saying that even some of those little crappy places seem like paradise to own

its just that great of a place

it is, no doubt about that! and a small studio wherever on the island can be a paradise for one person.

Your thread surely answered some questions and doubts and gave hints to people with the same dreams....thanks for coming up with it!

Wishing you good luck for your summer stint on the island - looks like you've got the virus 8)

all the best

Kathy

Back