The Godfather of Disco

Robder

A very kind friend has just scored me a ticket to see this film tonight as part of a film festival:

Genes%20Pic%201.png

www.thegodfatherofdiscodoc.com

I'm so excited! 8)

Never heard of it before - check out the cast! :eek:

Looks interesting, not heard of it either! Is it getting a general release?
Cast, predominantly American! How can they not have Frankie Knuckles or Francois K involved, bearing in mind how close they were to Larry Levan?
Keep us posted Rodders!! Please?

Never heard of it but definetly worth a butchers.

This part of the Gay film festival? Be careful when the light's go down honkytonk!! ;)

emery7.jpg

I saw it in Notting Hill last year sometime. Its not a bad film as it goes, its not really the Story of Disco its based on Mel Cheren's Biography. So its all about West end records really. The Paradise Garage does get mentioned as does the Fire Island Scene but Mel had broken up with Michael Brody but the time he opened the Garage.

By Mel's own admission he loved the Garage and did help Larry out when he lost everything up his nose, but if you want a documentary about the Garage watch Maestro.

I hadn't realised he died! :cry:

That was such a fantastic film! I want to see it again NOW. Anyone who has a knowledge of what happened in New York and Chicago around that time has to see it.

I want the DVD!!!

Go and see IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes i recall reading about that sometime back, sad news.

I thought i was the only one on here into Disco, i need to go to a Disco nite again soon as ive not been to one in years, think the last one i went to Huggy Bear the street pimp from Starsky & Hutch was on stage and it was a great laugh.:lol:

I hadn't realised he died! :cry:

That was such a fantastic film! I want to see it again NOW. Anyone who has a knowledge of what happened in New York and Chicago around that time has to see it.

I want the DVD!!!

Go and see IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a real shame he died. I met him after I saw the film last year and he was a very nice bloke. He didnt seem to realise how famous he was.

...and you've been keeping it from me all this time?

You and me are going to fall out if you don't rectify this situation immediately.

...and you've been keeping it from me all this time?

You and me are going to fall out if you don't rectify this situation immediately.

I never knew you liked good music before mate, I think your visa in Shoreditch is gonna be revoked if you carry on ;)

If you want ill copy it for you as your asking me so nicely

Back