the end - london

geezer-beezer

hey there

me having not been to the end in a good few years i would like to know if its easy to get in i.e. is there a massive queue or ticket only etc :?:

was thinking of going about 1 / 2 oclock on saturday

any info appreciated

I love The End, you're always guaranteed a good night there. I always buy tickets in advance as the paying queue is always a mare, however I like to get there 11/11.30ish, I think tickets are only valid before midnight (??) so if you go later the queue will have probably died down.

thanks barbie i have a party close by and was hoping to drag some friends with me after so i may pass on buying tickets as have no idea of numbers yet

will just pay on door hope its gonna be fine

looking forward to layo & the wacker :twisted:

thanks barbie i have a party close by and was hoping to drag some friends with me after so i may pass on buying tickets as have no idea of numbers yet

will just pay on door hope its gonna be fine

looking forward to layo & the wacker :twisted:

You should be fine getting in at that time anyway, it's up to midnight that the paying queue seems particularly slow.

This one is for the real old timers amongst us. I walked past the old building that was The End Club in London today. To think it closed in 2009 and they’ve still not developed it. Though pretty much every building around it is now a new apartment block… so only a matter of time.

AD0CB029-E9A9-4853-B60E-227AC70A8B4C.jpeg

I was so gutted when it closed. fantastic club and I esp loved AKA upstairs. It briefly turned into another club The Den but it didn't last long. Bizarre that the developers haven't yet got their greedy hands over it - must be a planning issue?

I was so gutted when it closed. fantastic club and I esp loved AKA upstairs. It briefly turned into another club The Den but it didn't last long. Bizarre that the developers haven't yet got their greedy hands over it - must be a planning issue?

Yeah AKA was brilliant too. Loved it when the whole place was open for a night. Superfreq on Sundays was brilliant, and used to be a lot of Circo Loco take overs too.

I assume must be a planning issue as to why it’s undeveloped. Literally just that building and the old closed multi-story car park opposite not touched. Everything else around it redeveloped. I’ve been in London 20 years and that whole area around Tottenham Court Road it’s hard to recognise some streets now. Astoria gone, and what used to be an amazing little club behind it called Ghetto. All had to make way for CrossRail (Elizabeth Line) which has just opened.

I mean getting from Canary Wharf to Paddington in 17 mins is absolutely insanely quick, but we’ve lost a lot of old venues and buildings to make way for it.

Ghetto was the first club in London my uni flatmates took me too. That was an eye-opening weekend

I bet it was. That place was just what a club in a dark and dirty basement should be like. Nag Nag Nag on a Wednesday became an institution. Classic London though started as a student mid week night, became so cool that Kate Moss ended up there.

Me also gutted, it was my go to from about 98 to it/they closed. I only went on Thurs/Fri/Sat nights and NYE and knew I was missing out on the other nights.

Yeah AKA was brilliant too. Loved it when the whole place was open for a night. Superfreq on Sundays was brilliant, and used to be a lot of Circo Loco take overs too.

I assume must be a planning issue as to why it’s undeveloped. Literally just that building and the old closed multi-story car park opposite not touched. Everything else around it redeveloped. I’ve been in London 20 years and that whole area around Tottenham Court Road it’s hard to recognise some streets now. Astoria gone, and what used to be an amazing little club behind it called Ghetto. All had to make way for CrossRail (Elizabeth Line) which has just opened.

I mean getting from Canary Wharf to Paddington in 17 mins is absolutely insanely quick, but we’ve lost a lot of old venues and buildings to make way for it.
I went to the British Museum last week, and walked up from. the Aldwych, and I was surprised (tbh disappointed) how run down the Kingsway and the area around Holborn is.

Tottenham Court Road area is very corporate now, compared to the days of the Astoria, Milk bar.

I like the Elizabeth line itself and the stations but the immediate surrounding areas imo have lost.

Back