the dj revolution

Robo

www.xpander.nl

The future of DJ technology is been championed by Pioneer Electronics with the very latest in DJ'ing technology. The new DVJ-X1 digital audio and video turntable, which was launched officially earlier this year, is the first ever digital sound and vision player that allows users to manipulate and playback synchronized digital audio and video by combining the standard CD jog dial with the flexibility and capacity of a DVD. The result is a new piece of DJ hardware that looks set to revolutionize DJ'ing as we know it.

The DVJ-X1 closely resembles and functions like the Pioneer CDJ-1000MK2 CD player but with the added capacity to playback both DVD's as well as CD's. What this means is that digital DJ's who have performed live with the CDJ-1000MK2 will be able to use the DVJ-X1 as a CD playback tool, compatible with all established CD and DVD formats. The DVJ-X1 can also be used to manipulate and synchronize visuals to the music, and according to DJSounds.com: "real time digital video scratches, loops and instant cues are all possible with the DVJ-X1, while the video and audio streams always stay in perfect sync even when they're being reversed and pitched."

Pioneer plans to launch 2 x DVJ-X1s together via a fully integrated audio and visual mixer in the near future, which will allow digital sound and vision from separate sources to be mixed and scratched just as DJ's create audio mixes in their live sets today - Dutchman Sander Kleinenberg was one of the first to test out this new platform for Renaissance back in September. This year has also seen the new PIONEER/5-AXIS/SCION xB demo car which contains a trunk load of DJ products with two CDJ-1000s and a DJM-600 mixer. A global leader in electronics and audio/video products, Pioneer won the Product of the Year Award at BEDA (Bar Entertainment and Dance Association) in the UK on 26th

My mates been working like a mad man on that....looks good but will vinyl ever snuff it 8)

coley said:
........ but will vinyl ever snuff it 8)

Hmmmm.....I buy loadsa vinyl every week........then record it at CD quality onto my laptop and DJ with that..........saves lugging all that vinyl around. ;)

Back