The Charlatans

madwhitegiant

The Charlatans have revealed which UK festivals they will be performing at this summer.

According to singer Tim Burgess, the band will be appearing at both V Festivals, as well as Scotland's T In The Park and Oxegen in Ireland.
He told XFM: "So far we're definitely playing V, Oxegen and T in the Park. We're not playing Glastonbury though but I'll definitely go. Last year I ended up doing three guest slots so who knows who I'll end up singing with this time around."
The band will also be touring throughout May and have a new album 'You Cross My Path', which will be available exclusively from XFM's website from 3 March

I saw The Charlatans about a year ago when they came to Llandudno (not many bands make the trip up to North Wales..!)

Absolutely Fantastic...

The old tunes will always be the best tho.. How High, Country Boy, Tellin Stories etc...

Yes. Telling Stories is a classic album and none of their newer stuff has come close in my opinion.

opportunity 3???

fave song off of "some friendly", kind of epitomised the kind of "shoe gazey" indie I was into at the time along with the likes of Ride, Curve, My bloody valentine etc!!!

opportunity 3???

fave song off of "some friendly", kind of epitomised the kind of "shoe gazey" indie I was into at the time along with the likes of Ride, Curve, My bloody valentine etc!!!
Ah, the days... Charlatans, Curve (I think I have every album), Spiritualized... sometimed Lush seemed to get lumped in with that scene although entirely different.

Ah, the days... Charlatans, Curve (I think I have every album), Spiritualized... sometimed Lush seemed to get lumped in with that scene although entirely different.

there was that whole "creation records" clique wasnt there? that whole guitar wall of sound thingey.....bloody good music though. An I thinks lush's album "spooky" was very "shoegazey"

and toni halliday :twisted: hmmmmmm!!!

there was that whole "creation records" clique wasnt there? that whole guitar wall of sound thingey.....bloody good music though. An I thinks lush's album "spooky" was very "shoegazey"

and toni halliday :twisted: hmmmmmm!!!
I guess just by the time I saw Lush live they'd changed their sound drastically so I think of them differently.

Toni = heavenly. Big crush on her!

I guess just by the time I saw Lush live they'd changed their sound drastically so I think of them differently.

Johnny, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, for a guy with such good muscial taste.........I cannot believe you support Chelsea ;)

Johnny, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, for a guy with such good muscial taste.........I cannot believe you support Chelsea ;)

if they dont win something this year im sure he'll switch to the white half of london. (and i dont mean Fulham)

Lush?

You must be the only American to have heard of them surely?! rather impressed by this....although I am easily impressed?

Lush was actually on the verge of making it big in the States in '94... had one decently big catchy modern rock radio song that just barely didn't cross over to pop radio.

I just remembered another band I liked around that time with that general sound - Chapterhouse. Have been known to pop their album on every couple years.... saw them live with the Wonder Stuff (before the Cure stole their drummer :lol:)

Back