The BEST Ibiza experience EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6th - 9th Sept '14...

ric

We came, we saw, we conquered...

Saturday 6th:

After celebrating my last day ever in my hated job that I left on the Friday I had woken with a huge hangover!!! Not to worry though as today was IBIZA DAY!!!!

In the afternoon I met my mate Sharky (Alan) who I was bringing with me on the all expenses paid trip. We had a quick pint in town and discussed the chaos that was awaiting us before jumping on the bus to Dublin for the flight. Another 3 beers were downed on the bus (huge mistake without an onboard toilet) and I spent most of the bus worrying that i'd forgotten something and checking my bag multiple times.

We arrived at Dublin International Airport 3hrs later and my mate seemingly turned into a white Linford Christie to get to the toilet in time whilst I casually strolled in. Once that was taken care of we went off to find where we check-in only to be confronted with a monstrous queue at the Aer Lingus desk. I decided that the best possible scenario was to go to the main Aer Lingus Customer Services desk, act dumb and pretend I thought that's where we check-in.

RESULT!!! The girl takes pity on my stupidness and gives us our boarding passes!!!! :D

Off to the bar we went for another pint so I could get my laptop out and see what SophieVIP and her girlfriend Teresa were doing in Ibiza (they had arrived on the Saturday morning and massive respect for joining me in the chaos!!!! :D). News that it was roasting there was great to hear!!!!! I was still hungover though so I was forcing beers into me to beat the hangover (or at least postpone it for a few days).

Boarding the plane I saw someone who knew me from the gym so we arranged to meet up with his crowd at some stage although this never happened as there was far too much partying going on to be remembering details like this!! :lol: (I still have a half typed message in my phone that I was trying to send from DC-10 to see where they were that is just a load of random letters joined together in an attempt to make a series of words...) :eek:

The flight was pretty quick and painless apart from 2hrs of noise from the screaming baby who was close to being duct taped shut!!

Finally, we touched down in Ibiza at 10:15pm local time and as usual were hit with a wall of amazing heat on stepping out of the plane. It felt great to be home!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Stivi was waiting in the main building to give us a lift to Jet so we had a quick introduction, discussed the itinerary, jumped in his car and made off for Jet to get checked in.

With check-in at Jet done and Stivi away we decided to head over to Mambo to meet Sophie and Teresa for some midnight drinks. We got a table at Mambo with no problems at all as it wasn't very busy and I went for the Mambo Mojito which was over far too soon so I had another... :lol:

S & T had to head off to meet 3 of their friends who were also flying in for my gigs (respect to them for that :)) so we moved about 20 metres down to Mint where i had another 4 Mojitos. These were nicer AND bigger AND cheaper!!!!

We called it a night sometime past 2:00am and as you can see from the picture it was still roasting!!!!!!!!!

10603361_10152752027879432_3028174457278429562_n.jpg

Sunday 7th:

Woke up at about mid-day with no hangover and about half a dozen messages from Sophie telling me to get up... :lol:

Took a trip down to the Spar for another 4 bottles of beer and then went back to the room to sit on the balcony and do some last minute checking of my tunes and the USB sticks whilst the Powerboats from the World Series zoomed up and down the beach. Alan came back from Subway so I had half a baguette which was my first food since the bus to Dublin which i had a sandwich on.

3:30pm arrived so i packed up my tunes and we went to meet Stivi outside Jet for our lift to San Antonio... :)
I was feeling VERY nervous!!!! Arriving at the Kiosk Bar (I think it's called) at around 4:00pm or so, i was introduced to everyone from Float Your Boat, who all seemed very friendly. S & T had already arrived with their 3 friends (Adam, his wife and her friend) so we all sat round a table for another beer or two. The conversation was flowing...

10609709_10152235180090933_2989612735328657609_n.jpg

Everything was great!!

Apart from nearly falling on the pavement after sitting in my chair, due to one leg being in mid-air because of the big gap in the ground where the tree beside me was, I was starting to feel better!! :)

There were to be around 100 or so people on the boat and they all seemed ready to go as the drinks were flowing in the bar. It got to around 5:00pm or so and that was our queue to head off to the boat. I got on and had a quick look about and checked the decks to make sure I knew were everything was. Nerves were pretty much gone by now!!

Put me in front of a set of decks and i become Carl Cox's stunt double instantly!!!! A bit like Eric becomes Bananaman when he eats a banana... :lol:

AND WE'RE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the first bars of my perfectly chosen opening tune kicked in I was literally on Cloud 9!!!!!!!! AMAZING FEELING!!!!!

We were due to head down towards Es Vedra but unfortunately we instead had to "SAIL AWAYYYYY" up north instead but this was still an amazing experience!!!! I'm not too sure how far north we ended up but there plenty of huge cliffs to enjoy!!!!! :)

The crowd all seemed to love my set which was great!!! So much so that a lot of them apparently didn't want me to finish but I had to step aside for Charlie from Float Your Boat to come on and he played another great set!! :)

After my set I had a chance to relax and A-hammer from the forum introduced himself, with the first of a lot of bottles of champagne!! :lol: As you can see, we were clearing enjoying the champagne!!!

10670006_10152752030204432_2701261068447826209_n.jpg

I tried to open one but couldn't work out how it was done (even after attempting it with 4 different bottles :lol:)...

Last edited:

On arriving back to San Antonio were were picked up by Stivi and taken back to PDB. At this point we had to leave the rest to make their own way back and also A-hammer who doesn't know where he went in the time between the boat and Space... I'm sure wherever it was, it was out of this world!! :lol:

Back in PDB we got freshened up and went to get some much needed food!!!

10551023_10152752030474432_222547672581897096_n.jpg

Grilled monkfish, salad and chips was the order of the day (as well as another Mojito)... A quick check over my tune selection for Space back in the hotel room and we made off for Space to be fashionably late (;)) to meet Stivi...

In through the artists entrance which was another first for me and into El Salon which wasn't open by that stage apart from 3 or 4 people having a drink... I made sure I knew my way around the booth, checked the sound levels etc and Stivi announces that they're opening the room early so i've to get a track on quickly as people are now piling in through the doors... :eek:

No time for nerves!!!! Carl Cox stunt double appears again!!! :D

This was my first tune by the way...

As the room was opening earlier I was getting around 1hr 20 mins instead of my allocated 1hr slot which was fantastic!!!!! Slowly but surely the rest of my friends all arrived (A-hammer arrived from wherever he'd been :lol:) and then the rest of the DJ's on the night arrived... I played an slow acid remake of Billy Jean which it turns out was actually on the label of one of the guys playing after me!! :eek: Small world!!!! I really enjoyed my set but it was over all too soon although at least now the real drinking could start!! :D

Stivi gave me the backstage tour of Space and showed me all the secret ways between the rooms which was cool and I got to chat with McRackin(did you get that food poisoning that night you were on about?? :rolleyes:), James, James and of course Stivi... Also, good to meet a few more off the forum, a guy who recognised the Velo Club Ibiza Cycling t-shirt I was wearing and also the DJ's as well... Sorry if i've forgotten anyone but this is all being done from sketchy memory... Monday's review is even sketchier!!! :lol:

We left El Salon for about 30 mins to check out the other rooms (Chandler was wrecking the terrace and i'm not sure what was going on in the discoteca when we walked in but the music was going at half the speed so we turned round and walked back out again and went back to El Salon where the real party was!!!!!). More good news was only around the corner as I was told that the rest of the DJ's were happy with me joining them in their B2B session from 4:30am to the end!!! :D

I was happy as I got to play more tune!!! This was me going B2B with DJ Pippi...

10376135_10152235193865933_1788661917797590662_n.jpg

After El Salon finished (I can't remember when it was but it was late) we went into the terrace and up onto the VIP stage by the booth for the last hour of Eats Everything vs Richy Ahmed... It was great to see the terrace from this new angle and also to see the DJ's from the stage as well!! Makes for a good video in between all the jumping around like a kangaroo on speed!!! :lol:

Laying down some serious old school towards the end that got the terrace rocking!!!!!!

Terrace finishes at 7:30am and it's still rammed!!!!

We left Space just before 8:00am and went back to Jet to continue the party on the balcony and this is when it gets a tad messy/hazy... :lol:

Monday 8th:

Our neighbours wake up at some stage on Monday morning and join in the party with us and this goes right through to when we leave for DC-10!!!! I think we arrived at DC-10 at about 7:00pm or so and the garden was nicely heaving... It was a massive relief as i'd forgotten it wasn't Opening/Closing and was expecting a fight to get to the bar each time (of which there were many)... We checked out the terrace but I can't remember who was on... It was very good though!! Bumped into Stivi again who seemed to be puzzled/amazed when I said we were still going from Sunday (either that or i wasn't speaking much sense)... Probably a mixture of the two... :lol::lol:

Also remember checking out the main room for an hour or so which was great!!! Red lasers galore!!!!

So easy to get "lost" in that room!!!

We took another breather in the garden which is where it starting to descend into chaos as i repeatedly had to be told to stop leaving the entire contents of my pockets on the floor of the garden as I chatted to some random about the pro's and cons of Scottish Independence?!?!?!?! :spank::lol::lol::eek:

I completely missed all of Sasha's set as S, T and myself sat on the floor of the garden "in the zone"... One of our group was apparently found at the back of the terrace, rolling around on the floor whilst eating his money!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: I think i seen some of Dixon but can't be too sure of that... We had lost Alan hours ago by this stage but as we were walking back into the main room though the main entrance arch (or was it walking out of the main room) he just happened to be there... Sat on the floor by the wall of the terrace talking to people..

Sophie and Teresa decided to call it a night and it was slightly after this that I discovered that I had in fact been successful in the "Lose your Wallet World Championships 2014" in the garden... No idea where it was and no chance of finding it so from this stage on I had no money left..

We decided to call it a day at DC-10 at about 3:00am and jumped in a taxi to Cocoon.. The terrace was unbelievable and the techno was fast and hard!!!!!!! The way it should be!!!! I had to leave at about 6:30am I think and I was just getting ready to start a conversation with the white wall outside the front of Amnesia when my friend appeared so we jumped in a taxi back to Jet...............

Last edited:

Tuesday 9th:

After only about 4hrs sleep we were thrown out of Jet!!!! The rest of my mates had gone home by this stage... It was only me and Alan left so I decided it would be a good idea to walk to DC-10 in the scorching sun with our bags to see if my wallet had been handed it... Bad mistake!!! Although it freshened us up we didn't really have a choice!! It was either freshen up or die!! :lol:

10703888_10152752030774432_66720999709522371_n.jpg

Got to DC-10 about an hour later and just strolled right into the terrace through the side door... Very surreal being in DC-10 when it's closed and the terrace floor is covered in lighting rigs!!! I asked about my wallet and we were directed to the main room to see if it was in the stash that had been found but it wasn't... :(

Once again, it was weird being in the main room when it's empty, has no music and there's light coming in from a few secret doors... The rooms look A LOT smaller when they are empty!!!! I was going to take a photo but didn't want to as all the lighting/sound people were looking at us so we left via the garden, which again was empty...

10435098_10152752030954432_7289954666198075314_n.jpg

We left DC-10 and eventually flagged a taxi down after about 25 mins and set off for San Antonio for the final part of the trip... CARL COX!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Both of us were feeing fragile so we went to the bar beside Star Boats and had another 5 mojitos each which definitely sorted us out!!!! A quick walk round to the massive Coxy/Float Your Boat party, had a quick chat with the Float Your Boat guys and we were in the queue, feeling fresh (kind of)... :lol:

As you can see the boat (massive blue one) was indeed humongous!!!!!

16385_10152752031044432_7900506854323123412_n.jpg

I got a quick drink (another one) and we went to the back of the boat to take in the view... The anticipation of seeing Coxy had completely evaporated any chance of not being up for it (even though at one point in the bar beside Star Boats I was contemplating not even making it to the boat :spank:)...

We could see Coxy board the boat and to my surprise he was straight on the decks within 5 mins!!!! I don't know how he does it but the second that first beat comes out of the speaker, quickly followed by a huge "OH YES OH YES" you instantly feel on top of the world!!!! So we stored our bags in the kitchen area and went straight to the dance-floor up on the top deck... An amazing 2.5hr set followed!!! Apart from the fact that my phone battery had died and i wasn't going to be able to get any shots with Coxy himself, i was living the absolute dream!!!!!!!! On a boat in the blistering sun, in ibiza, with Carl Cox only feet away, pumping out the techno, house and old school in his "I'm a cool MF" black Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses!!!!

It literally doesn't get much better that this!!!!!!!!

10690217_639662466140752_6748138437271091309_n.jpg

Dropping the old school!!!! Size of that boat!??!?!?!!? :eek::D:eek::D

Anyway, once i picked my jaw up off the floor and realised that his set was over I tried to make my way round to the other side of the boat where I had seen him escape to as I desperately wanted a photo with the guy who has been my favourite DJ, bar none, since 1991!!! Unfortunately my mate tells me that he's just seen Carl climb into a speedboat?!?!?!?!! I'm thinking "this can't be right, i'm not in a James Bond film!!!"...

Sure enough, we eventually get round to the other side and there he is in his "i'm a cool MF" black Hawaiian shirt, standing in a speedboat, waving at us and filming the entire thing on his mobile before speeding off into the sunset towards San Antonio Bay...

10612901_641641592609506_5670766119534922696_n.jpg

What a legend!!!!! He came, he DJ'd, he conquered and he disappeared... :lol:

We were left with Jason bye on the decks for the last half an hour or so which was still good but nothing was going to top Coxy!!! I was already starting to feel the effects of the last 3 days again... :lol::lol:

Once we got back to shore we jumped in a taxi and made our way to the most depressing site in ibiza.... The departure lounge at the airport!! :(:(:(:(

The flight was a total nightmare, the 1hr wait in Dublin Airport for a bus was even worse and the 3hr bus journey at 2:00am back home was just the brown coloured icing on the past its sell-by-date cake...

It took me 2 full days to recover BUT it was worth EVERY minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As someone who thinks/dreams about Ibiza almost constantly and has been a massive fan of dance music since 1988 I have always had a dream... A dream to play in Ibiza!!!! I know i'm good enough (trying not to sound big headed here) but i've never had the chance or things have always became complicated and at 35, i thought it was never going to happen...

But as long as you never give up then things will fall into place... :)

If I hadn't of spent so much money these past few years on Ibiza trips then I might have been away travelling which meant that I mightn't have been able to submit an entry to the competition which meant that I mightn't have had this chance...

Everything happens for a reason!!

Once again, MASSIVE thanks to all at Spotlight and also Space, Float Your Boat, Safehouse, WHP and anyone else!!!

Hopefully this is just the beginning...

OH YES OH YES!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Photo album

https://www.facebook.com/richarDJam...10152752027554432.1073741835.552609431&type=3

Videos

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152752305369432&set=vb.552609431&type=3&theater :lol::lol:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152752328354432&set=vb.552609431&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152752411129432&set=vb.552609431&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152752493329432&set=vb.552609431&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152752551649432&set=vb.552609431&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152752946834432&set=vb.552609431&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152753159109432&set=vb.552609431&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152753219729432&set=vb.552609431&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152755401514432&set=vb.552609431&type=3&theater

More boat videos to come as soon as my mate uploads them... :):)

Feel free to add me on Facebook by the way so you can be guaranteed of Ibiza posts, all day , everyday... :lol:

Last edited:
well done on all accounts ric - see I told you there's no reason to be nervous :)

see you soon again ;)

Finally read this.... Fuffff... What a weekend. If I wasn't going back in 11 days I may actually be reaching for a noose.
I will get a review up eventually, life is chaotic ATM.

Great, Ric - nicely put together, loved reading this and a definite dream come true. How great to share it with the best people too :cool:. Really glad you got this chance - and hope you get your driving licence replaced in time for your next trip. Or maybe it's best that you don't - as you say, everything happens for a reason :eek: :lol:.

Back