The Beach - London

kimajy

London gets a beach!

Description

"I'm delighted that after a thousand years, London will soon have golden shores to rival even the best of the Caribbean. Greenwich Peninsula has already been transformed from an industrial hinterland into a vibrant commercial and entertainment hub, and the Beach will a magnificent addition to a fantastic series"

Boris Johnson - Mayor of London

... As a city, London holds its own against the finest in the world......it has the architecture, the vibe, the culture, the fashion....but until now there has always been one thing missing

Nestled opposite Canary Wharf, a stones throw from the o2 arena and North Greenwich tube station something exciting is happening. A very large, fully licensed and extremely vibrant beach is appearing on the banks of the Thames ready to offer a whole new dimension to leisure time in the capital.

London Beach will play host to a wide range of activities from Volleyball and other beach sports through to beach parties and concerts for up to 5000 revelers. Benefiting from a generous noise allowance and a 1am alcohol license it will very quickly become one of the cities most sought after entertainment venues as well as the perfect place to soak up some rays and relax.

Reasons to be excited

- 5,000 capacity
- Featuring the 650 capacity sound attenuated 'Beach Ball' bar
- Man made using the finest sustainable materials
- 400 yards from North Greenwich transport hub (Jubilee line)
- High caliber beach side restaurant
- Onsite changing facilities
- Spectacular Thames side views across Canary Wharf and beyond
- Full calendar of music events, concerts, cultural happenings
- Open year round (covered winter beach from mid October onward)
- Beach bar and onsite production powered IFX

http://www.facebook.com/TheBeachLondon

....... now UK just needs a bit of sunshine :lol:

Building a beach next to a stretch of water that you wouldn't even dream of swimming in seems a complete and utter waste of time to me.....:?:

Get a little concession down there for the beach towel clip, vj:D

onto it!!

GetAttachment.aspx

Special edition Boris Branded Beach Towel Clips

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no!

Potential pre-party for the So... Boat Party? :D :twisted:

(only I'll be at the football 3-5 so doubtful I could fit it in between :confused:)

Back