Thanksgiving

Thanks guys.

I took the day off and cooked an 8 kg turkey with all the trimmings for 13 people. Much beer and wine consumed. Watched some American football. Great evening, and I still feel full today! :lol:

Even though it's been a sh1t year, still a lot to be thankful for.

Thanks guys.

I took the day off and cooked an 8 kg turkey with all the trimmings for 13 people. Much beer and wine consumed. Watched some American football. Great evening, and I still feel full today! :lol:

Even though it's been a sh1t year, still a lot to be thankful for.

Where was my invite. :lol:

Does the president still 'pardon' a turkey for life each year?? Read it on Wikipedia whilst trying to find out where thanksgiving comes from

Does the president still 'pardon's a turkey for life each year?? Read it on Wikipedia whilst trying to find out where thanksgiving comes from
Yes two got the Pardon this year (cobbler and gobbler). The turkeys are retired to George Washington's homestead Mount Vernon. The origins of thamksgiving come from the pilgrims.

248849_519260648085888_728786641_n.jpg

That Day of Mourning would be more appropriate for Columbus Day, actually!

(and note: our Columbus Day is the Canadian's Thanksgiving... so doubly appropriate!)

Aside from the couple of years I lived in England, I grew up in a small First Nations community in Northern Alberta, (before moving to Deadmonton as a teenager) and at school, at the time there was maybe me, my brother and one or two other children in the school who were NOT First Nation.

Thanksgiving was never thought of as a day of mourning by anyone....

Aside from the couple of years I lived in England, I grew up in a small First Nations community in Northern Alberta, (before moving to Deadmonton as a teenager) and at school, at the time there was maybe me, my brother and one or two other children in the school who were NOT First Nation.

Thanksgiving was never thought of as a day of mourning by anyone....

That's partly why I posted it.

Have always had a keen interest in indigenous cultures and it's the first I've heard of this also.

That's partly why I posted it.

Have always had a keen interest in indigenous cultures and it's the first I've heard of this also.

Tansi Robder!

There, you go, that's "Hello!" in Cree. We can continue with our Cree lessons later, but I need to jet off to work! :)

Back