Tesco self service tills - Brilliant

N

N8

Pensioners and chavs all around in the queues, taking ages, gossiping to the dumb as hell checkout gimps, then like a light in the darkness -

Self service till all alone and empty :D

None of the pensioners will use it as they dont know how and dont want to learn, it looks far too complicated obviously! None of the chavs will use it in case they dont understand or do it right first time and risk all their mates (or 13 yr old pregnant gf's) laughing at them.

So......straight in....swipe goods, swipe card, straight out :D

10 seconds, jobs a good un.

Thank you Tesco

Agreed!

They are brill and quite fun too :lol:

The only thing is anyone could use a stolen card as all you do is swipe, no chip and pin etc :confused:

Also chavs cant use them as it is like you say card only :D

I havent had the exciting fun time of using one of these yet, do they have someone watching over you the whole time? what happens if you buy something with them big tag things on do you get machinery supplied to take those off yourself?

Leese you can call an assistant over for things like marked down items and stuff with security tags on etc and they do it for you. Its really clever as the belt has a weight sensor so it knows to expect each item you scan, and people cant not put things through as it stops!

KarlosHx said:
Leese you can call an assistant over for things like marked down items and stuff with security tags on etc and they do it for you. Its really clever as the belt has a weight sensor so it knows to expect each item you scan, and people cant not put things through as it stops!

ooooh sounds clever :p

I haven't seen these things yet so forgive my ignorance... What's to stop you not scanning all your stuff through?

stuie said:
I haven't seen these things yet so forgive my ignorance... What's to stop you not scanning all your stuff through?

Because if you put something on the belt what hasnt been scanned it knows and its stops.

KarlosHx said:
stuie said:

Because if you put something on the belt what hasnt been scanned it knows and its stops.

i still don't understand really :lol: in conventional shopping you put the stuff on the belt prior to scanning. thats different then now yes? :confused:

Leese said:

I havent had the exciting fun time of using one of these yet, do they have someone watching over you the whole time? what happens if you buy something with them big tag things on do you get machinery supplied to take those off yourself?

You can use cash, theres a note slot and a coin slot

stuie said:
KarlosHx said:
stuie said:

i still don't understand really :lol: in conventional shopping you put the stuff on the belt prior to scanning. thats different then now yes? :confused:

The belt is after the scanner and it has a weight sensor, does this make sense now?? :lol:

KarlosHx said:
The belt is after the scanner and it has a weight sensor, does this make sense now?? :lol:

yup. all apart from - where is the stuff pre-scanning. do you get each thing out of your trolley as you scan it or do you get it all out before hand? :lol:

and...

do they still help you with your packing? :p

stuie said:
KarlosHx said:

yup. all apart from - where is the stuff pre-scanning. do you get each thing out of your trolley as you scan it or do you get it all out before hand? :lol:

and...

do they still help you with your packing? :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You get it out as you scan it and you can ask for help with packing if you like ;)

N8 said:
Leese said:

You can use cash, theres a note slot and a coin slot

oooh, even more clever then, forgive me, havent been that close to one yet.

KarlosHx said:
You get it out as you scan it and you can ask for help with packing if you like ;)

Thanks Karlos :lol: We don't have them round here yet but now I feel ready to embrace this new shopping technology when/if it arrives! :p

Back