Tech House

spinksy123

So this evening I thought I'd download some tunes off Beatport for the first time in a long time.

Straight to the tech house genre. It sounded like a load of remixes for other older tunes. Is this why it seems to get sniggered at on the forum a little bit? It sounds different from 3 years ago or so....

Still spent 30 quid.

Really informative, thanks.
I’m embarrassed to say, that even though I was familiar with the Tech House of the late 90s, I wasn’t aware of the origins. I didn’t realise Jane Fitz was an early pioneer from the tracks I’ve heard here play.

I'm no expert but the stuff I heard in London around 2000/01 (Mr C, L&B at The End) has nothing to do with the lazy crap played today. Shouldn't even have the same name really but I'm done moaning about it. There's a whole parallel world out there for those arsed to find it.

I'm no expert but the stuff I heard in London around 2000/01 (Mr C, L&B at The End) has nothing to do with the lazy crap played today. Shouldn't even have the same name really but I'm done moaning about it. There's a whole parallel world out there for those arsed to find it.
I think I’ve recently and inadvertently downloaded new tracks similar to that older tech house sound. So, my subconscious seems to be telling me something!

I wouldn't discard the genre all together.
Take a peek at the back catalogues of Rudolf C or Alex Arnout.
You'll feel like a kid in a candy store 🍭

Last edited:
Back