Taking Cameras out in Ibiza...

zinc

Hi

I'm going to Ibiza for the first time at the end of June, and I've heard that if you take your camera with you to Space then they'll take it off you. Is it the same everywhere else? Are there other places that I shouldn't take a camera?

Thanks

I took my camera into Eden and Pacha last year but then when I went to Space I had to pay a couple of euros and they take it off you and put it in a box and give you a paper ticket, problem is you need to keep the ticket safe all night and its pointless taking your camera out if you can't use it in the clubs. After Space I heard that Amnesia was the same so I managed to sneak my camera in there but strategically placing it down my dress! I'll probably take it to all the clubs this year but won't bother in space again...I dunno why they don't want you to take photos in there, any ideas anyone???

i dont know about space, but in amnesia when i'v been there 3 years ago , they had there own photographers taking a pictures of you.
if you want that picture you had to pay to get it.

i think thats the reason -
if every 1 would take there cameras with them, there wont be any profit to the photographers

Just to update peeps about the camera issue, I had no probs in space this year, they glanced into my bag and my camera was slightly hidden but there was no booth with a person taking cameras and issuing numbered tickets for them, I had no probs in any of the clubs this year, a security guard told me off in Eden and another in Amnesia for taking pics but generally they were pretty cool about it.

I took my camera into Eden and Pacha last year but then when I went to Space I had to pay a couple of euros and they take it off you and put it in a box and give you a paper ticket, problem is you need to keep the ticket safe all night and its pointless taking your camera out if you can't use it in the clubs. After Space I heard that Amnesia was the same so I managed to sneak my camera in there but strategically placing it down my dress! I'll probably take it to all the clubs this year but won't bother in space again...I dunno why they don't want you to take photos in there, any ideas anyone???

It's the same with Privilege - they make you put it in a locker ...

They don't want you taking pics incase a photo of someone having a line off a table turns up in Mixmag! :)

I was pretty sneaky in Privilege this year, everyone with a camera was queueing to pay to put it in a locker but I left mine in my handbag (concealed by a few tissues and lipgloss!) and when I got to the front the guy was about to look in my bag but got distracted and so I snuck past all casual as if he'd already checked it, there were loads of cameras in there tho and if they plan to put everyone's camera in a locker they'd fill a whole locker room with Privilege having a capacity of 10,000!

I had no problems in Space, Amnesia, Pacha or Eden. Not once did I get searched on the way into a club this year. Also, it surprised me that everyone was happily snapping away right in front of security in Space and not a word was said.

What about phones? I have a camera on mine so planning to use that. I remember last time in Ibiza they went nuts in space when they saw my friend taking photos & snatched her camera off her.

Not this year. And I mean, right under the noses of security, it was impossible for them not to see, perhaps they've changed their policy? A friend I was with got her camera taken off her at the door and got it back when we left but they won't take your phone off you even if they find it.

Yer I def noticed they were more lenient this year, maybe theyve finally realsied with mot phones having cameras on and not being able to take all cameras into their locker areas they they may as well just give up! It's a ridiculous rule anyway.

Granted this was a couple of years ago but in 2006 I had no problems getting a camera into Eden and Amnesia even though they were 'banned' then. I'm returning to the white isle in 6 weeks and i hope i can get it in this time because its given me some pricless memories from 2006:D

my friend got her cam taken from her at space this year but i had mine in my pocket and they didnt even ask me to take it out i just told them it was a phone. i got lots of pictures and vids inside the club and the security didnt care once you were it. the only night i had any issues with cameras was at manumission opener at amnesia, they didnt take my cam but the photographers were like jumping infront of peoples cameras to mess up their pictures, sorta lame i think but i guess they gotta make a buck or two, i just had them take a pic of me and my friends and they left me alone the rest of the night, but i never picked up their expensive (30 EU) picture

only place that didnt allow a camera for me was amnesia, everywhere else i went, space-privalage-pacha, all allowed them

Back