Tablet Pc's.

Colonel Kurtz

Anybody offer any advice on a deecent tablet pc? Not looking to get an i pad and looking to spend around a max of £200-£250.
Thanks.

Anybody offer any advice on a deecent tablet pc? Not looking to get an i pad and looking to spend around a max of £200-£250.
Thanks.

I recently bought a Blackberry Playbook, 32gb, immensely impressed with it. Took it with me on holiday for use in the quieter moments..plane etc. Just checked at pcworld, their 64 gb is only £129.

Mrs Jam has an Asus Transformer that runs Android.

There's a few models within that price range and she's very happy with it.

Edit: I have the Playbook 32GB and for the price I think it's pretty good too.

I recently bought a Blackberry Playbook, 32gb, immensely impressed with it. Took it with me on holiday for use in the quieter moments..plane etc. Just checked at pcworld, their 64 gb is only £129.

It's for my kids for xmas so they mainly browse and watch you tube and play games, so this sounds perfect, i presume you can download a digital camera onto it too?

It has a camera, which does photos and video.

There is a Micro USB connection for charging and data, micro HDMI and a power dock connector.

I've connected to my PC and synchronised pictures, movies and music to it.

Truth be told my kids use it more than me for youtube cartoons and preloaded movies plus some apps/games.

Need for speed and ashphalt racing games are VERY good.

:D

It's for my kids for xmas so they mainly browse and watch you tube and play games, so this sounds perfect, i presume you can download a digital camera onto it too?

I filmed this with the playbook :arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ4qvNaH7iQ&feature=youtu.be

...not bad quality. An added bonus for it, is that it comes with 'Documents to Go', you can save work in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint formats. Up yours apple. :)

Not as many apps as other android's, however, people are converting android apps to playbook formats, so there's plenty out there. If you know where to look, you can get them all for free, just need to sideload them onto the playbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
I filmed this with the playbook :arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ4qvNaH7iQ&feature=youtu.be

...not bad quality. An added bonus for it, is that it comes with 'Documents to Go', you can save work in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint formats. Up yours apple. :)

Not as many apps as other android's, however, people are converting android apps to playbook formats, so there's plenty out there. If you know where to look, you can get them all for free, just need to sideload them onto the playbook.

It takes a lovely sharp picture, thanks.

I've got a Blackberry Playbook as well and I would recommend. Most impressive thing about them is the sound cards which, for a small unit, are monsters. Lack of decent apps does annoy me though. Would love to be able to use something like Skype on it.

I've got a Blackberry Playbook as well and I would recommend. Most impressive thing about them is the sound cards which, for a small unit, are monsters.

I just installed an app called Neutron MP, it's basically a music player with the added bonus of a sleep timer :).

Raising the Gain along with the EQ sliders, well, it basically quadruples the volume from the playbook. :p

I have a Samsung 7" tablet and I am very happy with it, battery life is very impressive, it runs Android so millions of apps available , it is quick, easy to use , great camera and not the size of a window as some other tablets are.

Mine is quite an early one and the newer ones running 4.0 or higher are even better, plus you have an option for going for the larger 10" version still a good size.

I do like the look of the Blackberry playbook, the only down side is the lack of Android apps etc (I am a very happy Blackberry mobile user).

I have just bought a cheap 7" tablet for my 9 year old it is sold under various banners but is available from both Argos and Currys , it is a nice size , runs 4.0 and screen looks lovely, still early days on this on so cannot comment further. A larger 9" version also seems to be available.

Currys
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/versus-touchpad-7-tablet-pc-8-gb-13828789-pdt.html

Argos
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...56/c_3/3|cat_24662256|Tablet+PCs|24342685.htm

CK, if you happen to be interested in the 7" tabs linked by MR.B then have a look on amazon...
the same devices are for sale from a couple of sellers at about the same price or less but with 16GB memory and 1GB RAM. They do have a camera although it's not mentioned in those links.
For the money,great...they work fine!

I have an Archos 101, 16 GB. It was a good deal at £129. Doesn't have the same spec as anything like the ipad or playbook but for a 10 inch tablet that has half decent apps, plays music and video fine and the sound quality is alright for the price I can't really argue.

Back