T Bar London Closed

MiniMarc

The latest venue to die in London's clubbing Plague :(:(:(

"Dear members/fans and friends,

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that T Bar is now closed. After six and a half years of incredible music, outrageously good times and spectacular memories we are calling time on the T Bar rave.

Thanks to you all for your support, loyalty and for making T Bar the special place it has been for so long. Please feel free to upload photos and memories to this page....

Big love

The T Bar boys and girls.

xx"

It is an absolute massacre!

Olly may get his wish... it'll all be about small underground clubs from here on out, unless someone steps up to the plate and opens some new venues soon.

Great for people who know the scene.... not so much for those of us that only visit from time to time :confused:

TBar used to be an absolute gem. Great lineups, great location , always free. This was a venue where you could see Magda on a week night or be lucky enough to catch Villalobos pushing through from his set at Fabric straight to TBar. When they moved to the new location it was only down the road but tucked away abit. I dont think it ever recaptured its former glory but that would have been nigh on impossible.
They kept the same musical policy and kept events free. I guess the running costs were too high. Definitely another low blow for London's nightlife

losing Tbar is bad news, although only ever spent much time in the old one, it was dirty but a lot of fun esp on Sundays - tbh, am pretty much semi-retired from the clubbing experience now anyway. Went to the C.A.M.P on saturday, had a great night with the lowlife crew, was on the razz for 36 hours which just about killed me. In truth, would rather just go out till 2 and then muck around at friends' flats and stuff. Although I have spent years being quite rude about them, I have no wish to see big clubs wither - their crowds have a right to be entertained too, but the current economic situation combined with increasingly hostile councils/residents and changing tastes in music mean it is very very hard for new dance clubs to take off now. Clubbing desert for tourists in London? well yes and no, very much depends on your tastes, but either way, it certainly means doing a lot more research now..

small underground clubs

This isn't a new concept though.

The big clubs pulling in the numbers have always kept things running while smaller gatherings created new scenes.

Without the biguns, there will be less littleuns.

You could argue that without the ridiculous publicity Manumission got in the early days, Ibiza wouldn't have experienced such a huge resurgence in the naughties and the micro scenes we enjoyed (DC-10 of old) may not have existed.

I was there last week for Tobi Neumann and it was pretty busy, although not packed. had a really good night in there actually, what a shame!

Back