sw4 reviews

memory = hazy
lots of fun , more mud than previous years. cant comment on individual performances for above reasons :)

lol same very very hazy after about 5/6 o clock! swear sw4 is one of the messiest festivals ive been to? absolutely smasheddd:spank:

and yeh couldnt believe the mud! been totally dry green grass all over in previous years ive been but was a swamp this year! is it just me or do you find it just goes way to quick?

What was the atmosphere like? I like friendly faces in packed places like this but there was loads of scally lookin faces :D not sure I could be doing with that, would love to go though maybe next year the line up looked quality.

Seemed nice crowd from what i remember. def not as near aggro as ive found Global Gathering for example . think its more of a massive pissup

Defo have to put it on the 'to do list' next year then. How much is the beer? Not cheap I'd imagine, although I'll prob take something with me which would mean I drink less anyway ;)

I cant remember seeing Underworld so I def dont remember how much a beer was

haha funny you said that dont think i see them either dont even think i made it back to the main stage after james zabiela:lol: is it normal to not remember a lot of a good rave?:confused: dont know whether i wasted half of it or just had that much of a good time lol

beer was £4.50 a can same as its always been i think, did notice quite a few chavvy type people this year though but suppose this is getting more common with the scene getting more popular as a whole unfortunately! was even a load of rough chavvy types at cocoon at fabric i noticed just before the summer:evil: also quite a few dodgy dealers at sw4:rolleyes:

only thing i will say about the line up is that it is amazing every year how many top djs play but because it is so many in a 9 hour slot they are all short sets like for example this year loco dice played for just over an hour starting at 1 in the afternoon and cant help but think a dj like that would be better seen in amnesia playing a 4 hour set or whatever? never really thought about it before but is a point worth thinking suppose they play a totally different set than normal

Last edited by a moderator:
I re-arranged a flight from Thailand especially to attend. A complete let down and must be the worst organised event I have ever been to.

On Sat the gates opened at 12.15pm. The queue to get in was about 2 hours. Loco Dice was on at 1pm and was well finished by the time we actually managed to get in.

The event finished at 8.30pm - not 9pm as advertised.

The sound systems were embarrassing. We even left Sven's set early as we simply could not hear properly - even relatively far forward. Most people complained. I am aware that this is a residential area and there are restrictions on the sound but seriously it was abysmal. I hear Steve Lawler was having a right go about it.

To charge 50 odd quid for the one day was a rip-off given the quality of the overall production.

I. like many I spoke to, will certainly not attend again.

I re-arranged a flight from Thailand especially to attend. A complete let down and must be the worst organised event I have ever been to.

On Sat the gates opened at 12.15pm. The queue to get in was about 2 hours. Loco Dice was on at 1pm and was well finished by the time we actually managed to get in.

The event finished at 8.30pm - not 9pm as advertised.

The sound systems were embarrassing. We even left Sven's set early as we simply could not hear properly - even relatively far forward. Most people complained. I am aware that this is a residential area and there are restrictions on the sound but seriously it was abysmal. I hear Steve Lawler was having a right go about it.

To charge 50 odd quid for the one day was a rip-off given the quality of the overall production.

I. like many I spoke to, will certainly not attend again.

Thats not very good!
I didnt think it would finish as early as 9pm ffs its London :rolleyes:
Not as enthusiastic as I was, but regarding getting in I would of thought they opened up with enough time to get everyone in to see loco dice. Maybe they will learn from it if its never been badly organised like this before?

Thats not very good!
I didnt think it would finish as early as 9pm ffs its London :rolleyes:
Not as enthusiastic as I was, but regarding getting in I would of thought they opened up with enough time to get everyone in to see loco dice. Maybe they will learn from it if its never been badly organised like this before?

A friend said it'd be badly organised and issues with sound the year before.

A friend said it'd be badly organised and issues with sound the year before.

Well then I wont waste me money :lol:
£50 a ticket, £100 on a hotel, £4.50 a drink :eek: £40 on drugs, food, travel ffs I would of been on a massive downer forking all that out for a crap night.

Well then I wont waste me money :lol:
£50 a ticket, £100 on a hotel, £4.50 a drink :eek: £40 on drugs, food, travel ffs I would of been on a massive downer forking all that out for a crap night.

Its what you make it! I had a brilliant weekend, best one yet! I been to the last 5

Crowd is always well friendly, more so than the likes of Global, yes the sound system is a bit on the quiet side, but you are in the middle of a residential area so that can be excused.

I'm definitely going next year, and would recomend it to anyone - it was far from a crap weekend!

Its what you make it! I had a brilliant weekend, best one yet! I been to the last 5

Crowd is always well friendly, more so than the likes of Global, yes the sound system is a bit on the quiet side, but you are in the middle of a residential area so that can be excused.

I'm definitely going next year, and would recomend it to anyone - it was far from a crap weekend!

Fair enough, but for how much it would cost me to just turn up if the sound system isnt up to scratch and it finishes at 9pm then it would be crap for me. I have seen some pics on facebook and there are lots of complaints, especially about how no one could hear any music :confused:

I've not done SW4, but I've done both GG and Creamfields, and found GG to be a much more friendlier place. London (having lived there for three years) isn't always all that friendly.

Back