Sunday 28th to Thursday 1st September.

carltoon

Stayed at Hostal Anibal for third year running. Secure. Clean. Decent pool area and staff. And for 24 quid a night can't complain.

Sunday - checked in. Few beers in hotel bar. Headed down to Itaca for a few more liveners. Taxi to Den Bossa. Drinks on beach. Headed into Space about 1.30. It was dead, never seen Space with such few people in their. Picked up a little as the night went on for Darius Syrossian but based on my experiences I won't be recommending it to anyone for the last few weeks of the season.

Monday - had two beds booked at Ocean Beach. Paid around 1200 between 11 of us. Bearing in mind we started drinking around 2.30 and finished at 10.00 I personally think you get good value. The atmosphere was excellent. The music was spot on and all previous opinions on this place completely washed away. Some folk over did it at Space and Ocean Beach so Monday night was a strange one. 4 of us headed to Pacha for Flower Power and 3 to DC10. Pacha was absolutely heaving. The music ranged from Amy Winehouse to Diana Ross to the The Beatles. It was quality. The whole show was spot on. Four of us left at 4.30 in disbelief at what we'd just seen and heard. Great night.

Tuesday - chilled day by the pool. Sunset at Mambo for the Ibiza Virgins in the group. I tried to persuade them to go to Kumharas instead but they wanted to experience Mambo. Did so. Was okay. Doesn't bother me anymore especially with some of the morons (some of our group included) that gather on the rocks. Drinks at Itaca around 11.30. Headed to Amnesia at 1.15. Gorgon City were good. MK. First class. Really enjoyed his set. Disappointed with Hannah Wants and left bang on 5.00 about 15 mins in to her set. Was a great night. Good atmosphere. Nice mix of people. Didn't head into the Main Room but from all accounts Rudimental were good.

Wednesday - chilled all day around the pool. Faithless at Ibiza Rocks. I've seen The Enemy, Mark Ranson and Reverend & The Makers and this outshone them all. The quality of the performance was second to none. Atmosphere was good and it was easy to get drinks.
Taxi around 12.00 from outside straight to Den Bossa for Dance 88/89 at Sankeys. Had a few drinks in the bar opposite where a few girls were telling us about DC10. Not sure if they ever made as two from three looked like they'd been dug up. Sankeys wasnt particularly busy but the music and atmosphere was the best I'd seen all week. Not everyone's Cup of tea but for me first class. Left at 5.30 half hour into Graeme Parks set. Wanted to stay but my legs said no.

Great four days. Was surprised that it didn't appear particularly busy across the island. Not sure if this is common in last week in August.

Decent report. What bar opposite Sankeys ? Pure Life or whatever it is called, with the Italian dude with bleached hair that runs it ?

On the opposite side of the road. Diagonally on the corner. Reasonably priced drinks and staff okay. Think the PR was American or Canadian.

on the busy / not busy question - the island is the busiest it's ever been. but as mentioned before in other threads and discussions, it's definitely a different clientele this year: lots of families that normally go to turkey, egypt and tunisia are travelling to spain instead. this means ibiza is packed, but as those people aren't clubbers, the clubs aren't always rammed. it's been like this all season. it's true though that the last few days generally have felt a tad less busy overall and everywhere...not a bad thing after two months of bad traffic jams, packed beaches etc.

nice review btw, told ya the first ever flower power is an experience! and good about dance 88/89.

Back