Summer Work!! Help

NKS

Right people i need your help i want to work in Ibiza but i have no idea where to start i.e what do i need to work in another country, like documents that sort of thing. Also when i get out there where would i stay, hotel would be to expensive, somewhere cheap and cheerfull to stay, I don't want to end up sleeping on the beach when i get out there LOL!! Work wanted, is probably bar work just for the summer season. So if any of you can help it would be much appreciated!!

hey there nks.....

how long are you staying?
when are you getting there?

with regards 2 working visa's it really depends on who employs you? i was never asked 4 one :eek: but there is a spanish tax number that some employers ask for.... talk to ur travel agent, they should know the deal....

re: bar work? there's HEAPS of bar jobs all over ibiza. i would just suggest you get there early & hassle them till they give in ;)

good luck with it all

HELP!

:D1, Firstly read all the sections in this part of the forum as regards work! 2, book yer flight 2 months in advance via www.easyjet.com 3, when you get to san-an head up to the ship-inn workers bar,where theres a message board/flatshare,jobs etc. 4,hostel-mari is a good cheap place to get your head down for a couple of weeks,until you find a flatshare!(details in hotel section). 5, head across to 'UPMARKET TRAVEL' directly accross from the ship in workers bar, they were doing cheap rooms for 50 euros a week april/may last summer. 6, 1st week in may is when best to go out if looking for barwork. 7,its best to register for a spanish Ni no at ibiza town main police station(get there early morn). 8,take about 1000-2000 euros with yaa,for food,beer,accomodation,deposit for flat etc!. 9,take buses everywhere, there very cheap, 1.80 euros ibiza town to san-antonio, air conditoned too. hope this helps regards maurice ;)

what time is this upmarket travel place usually open until maurice? its just our flight gets in at 21.15 on the 23rd april so im wondering whether to just turn up with nowhere booked or to just book a week somewhere before we leave england,50 euros a week is an amazin price! what were the apartments like?

HI lee!

:D hola!,upmarket travel is usually open at 9 in the morn,last year there was a really nice guy who worked there called gaz!,he helped a lot of workers get fixed.The rooms they were renting out were in a hotel with pool,and tv/sky sattelite in yer room!. :eek: IT was down the back street from upmarket travel.IF i was you,id get the bus from the airport to ibiza town,where you catch another bus to sant-antoni,then walk up the strip,and pop into the ship-inn,i think it opens at 11.IF upmarket travel havent got anything,ask the directions to hostal-mari,nice wee place with free internet access in hotel foyer,plus cafe next door!.Also look on www.digitalibiza.com and look for deliahs WELSH BAR, there renting out rooms above the bar in there hostel for 12 euros a night!. ;) pps theres an old lady who rents out flats there called MAGGIE,ask for her phone no at ship in. pps watch her though,she aint no fool ;)

I want to stay there for about 3 or 4 months, i want to leave early May if possible!!

Papers, permits and contracts
NIE

If the NIE is in spanish, how are u suppossed to fill it in if you can't read spanish!!

Can you get it beforw u go in the UK?

Back