Summer 2013

alex.cutler

So, I went to Zante this year to give myself a taste of what it's like to work abroad as I thought Ibiza might of been throwing myself into the deep end a bit. Anyway, It was the best thing I've ever done, so this year i want to go bigger and better. I've heard it's hard getting a job in Ibiza and i don't doubt that but I'm up for it! I just need a little advice as where i'd look for accomodation/find people that need a room mate. I'm coming out at the end of May so i should probably get that sorted sooner rather than later. Also what do you all reckon the chances are of getting a job in the photography field? 2nd year photography student so I do have experience.

So if anyone has some advice or is even looking for someone to share an apartment with, it would be mint to hear for you.

Cheers
Alex

Flat mate required!

Hey Alex just seen your post above about a roomie, I am also looking for some1 to share with to split costs, looking to go over around May time as I know that's when most recruitment is done and then again 1st week of June!

I think you was right to try Zante first so many people go to places like Ibiza and either cannot hack the pace or spunk all their money and have to go home, at least now you have an understanding of it all, I used to be a holiday rep back in 2007/2009 and miss it soo much I decided I gotta go back to the sun!! a few holidays a year just isn't cutting it :)

You mentioned about it being hard finding work from friends I know Woking there they say its all about when you go and how persistent you are I believe if u don't settle till u find one you'll be ok, it's those who give up after a few no's start partying early and just loose everything and have to bail! As for accommodation some jobs come with apartments anyway so it's something to consider but again from friends advice not a worry!

I think I'm pretty easy to get on with happy enthusiastic an love to party ( would be the wrong place to go if I wasn't) if interested in getting together with some others etc let me know

Craig

Alright Craig, what date you looking at going? I'm set for the 31st of may… I hope.
Do you know where to start looking for accommodation? Ive got the Ibiza workers accommodation on fb and a few mates have said ket castle. I don't have a clue where to stat.
Have you been ibiza before? This will be my first time.

Book a few nights in a hostel for when you arrive. Go to the Ship Inn to check the notice board looking for people who are looking to share when you arrive and for places available. Also check out the Ibiza Workers Accomodation office across the square from the ship as they do loads of different blocks including Ket Castle. It's easy finding somewhere when you arrive. Just make sure you have approx 600-650 euros to pay a deposit / first months rent when you get there.

In terms of photography work what do u mean? Pukka Up hire about 6-8 photographers to do the boat parties which are twice a week. Check this guy out on fb too...he has a few photographers working for him in bars in the west end... http://www.facebook.com/ShaneWebberPhotography?ref=ts&fref=ts Its hard to get photography work with the clubs in your first season as its all about connections and your previous portfolio in event photography.

Hi Wednesday, cheers for the advice. I thi k I'd rather find room mates before I go so I'm not on my own for the first few days haha. As for photography, I was hoping to get work the boat parties etc. I haven't really had experience in that sector but I'm sure I could pull it off haha. Is it usually about 600 a month for rent in Ibiza? Once again thanks for the advice regarding photography.

Hi! Me and my friend are heading over to Ibiza at the end of April, and staying for the whole season! Which part are you going to? We're off to San Antonio :)

:twisted:
Hi! Me and my friend are heading over to Ibiza at the end of April, and staying for the whole season! Which part are you going to? We're off to San Antonio :)

I'm coming out on my own, end of may beginning of June, but still haven't got anywhere to stay, I might just take Wednesdays advice ad stay in a hostel and then look, I just don't want to be on my own for a few day, want to party and get mooching. I'm want to stay in SanAn but as I've not found room mates I can't be sure. Have you worked out there before?

:twisted:

I'm coming out on my own, end of may beginning of June, but still haven't got anywhere to stay, I might just take Wednesdays advice ad stay in a hostel and then look, I just don't want to be on my own for a few day, want to party and get mooching. I'm want to stay in SanAn but as I've not found room mates I can't be sure. Have you worked out there before?

That is exactly what we're doing. We're gonna arrive in Ibiza at the end of April and stay at a cheap hostel for 3 or 4 nights, then have a look around and see what accommodation there is. We don't have any set roommates as of yet, just us two, but we're hoping to recruit a couple so the flat is cheaper. That can easily be sorted upon arrival though, so if you can't find anyone before you get there don't worry too much. Personally I haven't worked in Ibiza but the friend I'm coming with has been twice already, once for a holiday and last year for work so we have some leads regarding accommodation and work anyway. Are you going for the whole season?

Hi All,

I'm coming out at the end of May too. Will be my 9th time on the Island but my first season. I'm going to get a hostel for the first few days until I find some work. I'm not sure whether to go for Playa D'en Bossa or San Antonio for work yet, but am thinking San An has more variety in regards to jobs, accommodation etc.

Will have to swap details before we all head out as I'm sure we can meet up for drinks or something!

Hello all,

Im heading out at the Start of May. Is that too early? Ive been told thats the right time to go to have a decent chance of finding work. Ive been a few times on Holiday but this will be my first full season. The plan is to just turn up find a hostel and start looking for work straight away, once sorted then ill think about the partying :) If anyone needs a room mate give me a shout!

Hello all,

Im heading out at the Start of May. Is that too early? Ive been told thats the right time to go to have a decent chance of finding work. Ive been a few times on Holiday but this will be my first full season. The plan is to just turn up find a hostel and start looking for work straight away, once sorted then ill think about the partying :) If anyone needs a room mate give me a shout!

Liam, Early May vs Late May - Both have their positives and negatives.

Early May - quieter but you can get in there early to try and secure a job. Make sure you have some cash to live off if you can't get a job, as some will recruit in Early May but not require you to either start straight away/ or only be able to offer u a few shifts as they wont need the staff till it gets busier in late may/early june.

Late May - Island getting busier with tourists, but also with workers. Trade is picking up but you'll have more competition when trying to get a job. On the plus side when you do get a job, you should be getting the shifts/sales as you'll have more customers.

Anyone interested in sharing an apartment arriving in Ibiza for the Season for a their first week? Will give you time to find something more permanent in the way of accommodation/job.

I'm heading out on 28th May and am looking at booking a Studio apartment sleep 2 for a week in San Antonio. Complete with own Bathroom and Kitchen. £89 each and the studio is in San Antonio.

Let me know if you're interested. Thanks

I live and work in san an and know of a few different blocks of workers apartments, if you want to pm me , I can give you some links xx or if you just have any questions.also if you look at the next thread you will see that I do a recruitment fayre at the end of april , where employers come along to find workers xx

Hi peeps, hope you're all well

I'm hoping to head out early May to search for work as soon as I can!
Ive located a tidy apartment in San Antonio but as I'm going out alone. I would be looking for people to share with as it sleeps 4 so need 3 other people to make this happen! Let me know if any of you are interested? It's in a very ideal location and would be good to get to know someone on here first to make my first season experience less daunting!

Please message me for any further info..

Peace xx

Have sent you a message!

Hi peeps, hope you're all well

I'm hoping to head out early May to search for work as soon as I can!
Ive located a tidy apartment in San Antonio but as I'm going out alone. I would be looking for people to share with as it sleeps 4 so need 3 other people to make this happen! Let me know if any of you are interested? It's in a very ideal location and would be good to get to know someone on here first to make my first season experience less daunting!

Please message me for any further info..

Peace xx

Back