Stiges - close to Barcelona

MARKB

Stiges?

Anyone been? Thinking of going this month- sounds good.

Also - how to you pronounce it? STEEGEES or Sti GESSS or what??/?!!

As I don't want to seem too "Allo Allo" at the train station :lol:

I mainly recall it for an NME interview there where Ryder was photographed with a big 'E' on top of a hotel and banged on about 'the gays' having the best drugs and soundsytems

Trés Gay in every sens of the word, has been since the late sixties and seventies. From what I hear alot of it hasnt changes since then, and it can be very dated. Also obviously its not far from Barcelona so you could do a day trip into the city quite easily, the train is very good.

My Mum actualy drove down there from Liverpool with her best mate (fag hag) in the early seventies in a mini, she said it was rather wild in them days, not so sure about now.

If it is a family beach holiday you are after try taking a look where we live here in Javea. It's a great family orientated resort, and apartments and villas are mahoosively cheaper than you get in the Balearics and with the same climate. Plus I can get ya good deals on accomodation and rent a cars. And the sister town Moraira is lovely also, its quite a bit smaller but has some lovely coves, though not as much to do for the family on a whole.

ins't ti sitges?

Yep.

We went for the day to sitges and the best option was a train ride.

Times of the Train from Barcelona to Sitges

Trains to Sitges from Barcelona run approximately every twenty minutes, starting at 06:50 (from Estacio de França) and finishing at 19:06 (from Barcelona Sants). The journey lasts 46 minutes from Estacio de França, 37 minutes from Passeig de Gracia and 30 minutes from Estacio Sants. Train times are subject to change – it is therefore best to check the Official Renfe website for more details - this is its branch for local trains, known as Cercanias.

http://www.sitges-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/getting-to-sitges.html

Yep.

We went for the day to sitges and the best option was a train ride.

Times of the Train from Barcelona to Sitges

Trains to Sitges from Barcelona run approximately every twenty minutes, starting at 06:50 (from Estacio de França) and finishing at 19:06 (from Barcelona Sants). The journey lasts 46 minutes from Estacio de França, 37 minutes from Passeig de Gracia and 30 minutes from Estacio Sants. Train times are subject to change – it is therefore best to check the Official Renfe website for more details - this is its branch for local trains, known as Cercanias.

http://www.sitges-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/getting-to-sitges.html

Cheers for this Moha! Much appreciated.8)

Trés Gay in every sens of the word, has been since the late sixties and seventies. From what I hear alot of it hasnt changes since then, and it can be very dated. Also obviously its not far from Barcelona so you could do a day trip into the city quite easily, the train is very good.

My Mum actualy drove down there from Liverpool with her best mate (fag hag) in the early seventies in a mini, she said it was rather wild in them days, not so sure about now.

If it is a family beach holiday you are after try taking a look where we live here in Javea. It's a great family orientated resort, and apartments and villas are mahoosively cheaper than you get in the Balearics and with the same climate. Plus I can get ya good deals on accomodation and rent a cars. And the sister town Moraira is lovely also, its quite a bit smaller but has some lovely coves, though not as much to do for the family on a whole.

Thanks Liam!

I've actually got a pass out from family life for a few days so me and a mate are going to do some male bonding and going to Barca. :lol:

Which, from what you say, makes me think that a night in Sitges will either be highly inappropriate or highly appropriate depending on the type of bonding we end up doing :lol::lol:

but Robder - you know you will forgive him if he's not entirely monogomous - so dont go all Stacy Giggs on him..... :spank:

stayed ther a few years ago, best western hotel on the main front.

we loved it and has a similar vibe to ibiza town/mykonos

lots of fantastic bars/restaurants and beach was good

has benefit that quick hop on the train for nights out in barcelona

would definately return

original Pacha was there

stayed ther a few years ago, best western hotel on the main front.

we loved it and has a similar vibe to ibiza town/mykonos

lots of fantastic bars/restaurants and beach was good

has benefit that quick hop on the train for nights out in barcelona

would definately return

original Pacha was there

Cheers VJ! It's now firmly in the plans.

Was there today. Lovely town, evocative of old ibz in so many ways, way beyond the shared pacha history. The old part reminds me of d’alt villa, the little climb through the narrow streets. Cannot recommend enough. Posters everywhere for Gloria Gaynor, Sabrina and er Texas!

Back