Stick It On/Seven Up

Buckley

Anyone ever been to one of these 'punters bring the music' nights? If so, did you enjoy it? How much of a role did the compere play? Was there a competiton element to it?

I'm considering doing something similar, but different......

Anyone ever been to one of these 'punters bring the music' nights? If so, did you enjoy it? How much of a role did the compere play? Was there a competiton element to it?

I'm considering doing something similar, but different......

Speak to Berni and/or Neal mate. If I remember corrrectly, SiO originated in Brighton, and I'm sure they've been a fair few times.

I've never heard it held as a competition though.

Speak to Berni and/or Neal mate. If I remember corrrectly, SiO originated in Brighton, and I'm sure they've been a fair few times.

I've never heard it held as a competition though.

Will do.

Don't you think a competition element would be good though? I'd want to keep it simple, but some measure of the other punters appreciation for your choices would be good, no?

I go :) It is immense fun. I have only been to the Brighton events. The part about 15 mins of djing.... not really sure how it works, it specifically says no mixing allowed, I am convinced it is all set up... but I could be wrong and I don't really notice when they are doing it... I am normally a bit worse for wear :oops:

I go :) It is immense fun. I have only been to the Brighton events. The part about 15 mins of djing.... not really sure how it works, it specifically says no mixing allowed, I am convinced it is all set up... but I could be wrong and I don't really notice when they are doing it... I am normally a bit worse for wear :oops:

Exactly the sort of person we're after - no idea what the hell was going on but really liked it! :lol: You can be my guest when we're up and running!

Will do.

Don't you think a competition element would be good though? I'd want to keep it simple, but some measure of the other punters appreciation for your choices would be good, no?

Informally maybe. Like who got the biggest cheer (say, when inevitably Livin on a Prayer or the Top Gun theme une gets dropped).

You do have a fair bit of mileage to get a 'community' going with it though, as it's so interactive n stuff. Weekly emails out (getting email address would be easy as everyone applies to play beforehand, just so everyone doesn't turn up ipod in hand and disappointed (though would be good to have some free time afterwards for those that do/the 'best' SiO-er to play again.

do they check what records everyone has before hand? so that it would flow nicely together? It all seemed quite seamless???????????

Stick it on at the big chill used to be fun fun fun!
Not sure about the Hanbury Ballroom ones but the Brighton crowd would love all that.

The music was really all over the place - 80s trash, gabber techno, electro, you name it.

do you mean the sort where the punters have made the music or just selected it.. or both!!?

sounds like fun though.

whats this place you talk of then? Where are you thinking of doing it? :)

The Abbey in Camden Town.

Spotlighters Dan-X and Robbie G have played there twice so far, with Russ, Anil, Mark Sun, BBS and Kang cheering them on. But I like the idea of all of the aforementioned, and more, supplying the soundtrack. Not in place of the deadly duo of course, they'll be a regular fixture too.8)

i will just stick on one of dan's cd's.

no one can tell its different tunes being played one after the other.

they really do all sound the same

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Back