St Lucia

xxVic-zeexx

In short? has anyone been?

Just got back from a great holiday in Antigua and the next island we are looking at going to is St Lucia, so just want any advice and hotels you may have stayed in.

Thanks in advance :D

In short? has anyone been?

Just got back from a great holiday in Antigua and the next island we are looking at going to is St Lucia, so just want any advice and hotels you may have stayed in.

Thanks in advance :D

Glad you enjoyed Antigua 8). St Lucia ? Yes - but only been once and so don't know it nearly as well as some of the other islands.

Hotel - stayed at Le Sport which is relatively isolated up at the Northern tip of the island, about as far from the Airport as it's possible to get. It was nice enough but as the name suggests completely sport-oriented so possibly not really your cup of tea :lol:. But they do include tuition and use of pretty much all equipment and facilities to do everything you could reasonably imagine and it's pretty unusual in that sense. Wasn't cheap.... and I'm not really a fan of resorts (although this one did more than any other I've ever visited to tempt me to stay put) ... but in the end "broke out" of even there :rolleyes:.

St Lucia is much more green/lush than Antigua, and geographically considerably bigger (takes ages to get around it and there's a huge rainforest in the middle of the island). Actually the rainforest is a decent day out for something different - if a bit touristy - but has a zipline etc. If I remember right the adventure park is called Treetop or something similar.

Have to admit I've not felt any urge to go back over smaller islands, although direct flights always help. It all depends what you're looking for.

I think it's in the true spirit of this type of thread to say....forget St Lucia,what are you thinking?
you want to go to hook farm camping at uplyme,nr lyme regis now has wifi...

Cracking place.

We stayed at Villa Beach Cottages between Castries and Rodney Bay.Took the local bus up to Rodney Bay each night for something to eat, run every 5 minutes, loud music and cost pennies. Took about 10 minutes.

Great restaurants and bars and the Marina is quite upmarket as well. The Friday night jump up at Gros Islet is also well worth a visit, decent refreshments and rum, so can get messy!

The Coal Pot restaurant is Castries is also well worth a visit.

I think it's in the true spirit of this type of thread to say....forget St Lucia,what are you thinking?
you want to go to hook farm camping at uplyme,nr lyme regis now has wifi...

There should also be a 'is this St. Lucia spotlight now' comment along with an incongruous rant about Sinead O'Connor from Jonny68

Was lucky enough to stay at Sandals Golf (La Toca) and The Jalousie Hilton (Sugar Beach Resort).

Sandals is Sandals, The other place was beautiful and peaceful, right in the shadow of the Pitons.

Ex wife worked in the industry and we had a right few touches over the years!

Beautiful island, and the friendliest people I came accross in the Carribean along with the Jamaicans!

Was lucky enough to stay at Sandals Golf (La Toca) and The Jalousie Hilton (Sugar Beach Resort).

Beautiful island, and the friendliest people I came accross in the Carribean along with the Jamaicans!

The golf resort is exactly where my partner wants to stay, it does look amazing but the price tag is putting me off, as always with sandals its quite an expensive resort.

Funny you mention Jamaica, we have heard mixed bags with that country, from one extreme to the other, some people saying 'i would never go back' 'didnt like the people' etc etc, then in Antigua, we heard nothing but good comments, as you now have. Its definately back on the list, if anything higher up the list over the other islands, well it is one of the more well known ones. Thanks for your input.

Back