Spotlight Skateboarders

whats peoples favourite type of skating then? for me street is king and always was the only thing that kept me captivated to it. I appreciate vert, bowl too even though I personally find it boring to watch I still respect it. used to skate half's a lot when used to venture to skateparks but for me street skating is just so more alive and find the others a little progressive.. seems to be a lot of flat land new breeds popping up with some amazing skill

Berrics is probably my most visted Insta page by far

Last edited:
You lost me at berrics I'm afraid..lol that Steve Beera and Erik golf pant koston were two creeps. Especially Berra .. parks are ok but being 40+ you begin to tell like an Nonce. Especially indoor parks.. great for picking up skater mom's though that ask you to show little Blazer how to roll in...a few diy spots around here and a few I know are fixing up the mini ramps during the lock down.. bit old to watch all those boring monster energy drink comps but I do like the fancy lad and dime challenge videos. It f you haven't check them out especially Matt on fancy lad.. illl post a link
I enjoy watching clips on the Berrics page tbf but each to their own. yeah send link mate.. anything to make this shift go a little quicker

haha I started this thread , havent logged into Spotlight foe a few years properly....
Skateboarding is abit strange i think at the moment , or im just old.....
Social Media presence seems to be a huge thing , i dont need to see SLS contestants making a bolognese but apparently thats skate 'content'

I think the bowl skating thing is the most exciting thing to emerge in the last few years especially on the female side , some incredible stuff going down

haha I started this thread , havent logged into Spotlight foe a few years properly....
Skateboarding is abit strange i think at the moment , or im just old.....
Social Media presence seems to be a huge thing , i dont need to see SLS contestants making a bolognese but apparently thats skate 'content'

I think the bowl skating thing is the most exciting thing to emerge in the last few years especially on the female side , some incredible stuff going down
Me, too....haven't loggd in for a time now but when, I'm going to check this thread. What really turns me off is that Skateboarding is at the Olympics now....weird somehow. Not what it was 20-30 years ago. Holy shit.....I'm old, too

Me, too....haven't loggd in for a time now but when, I'm going to check this thread. What really turns me off is that Skateboarding is at the Olympics now....weird somehow. Not what it was 20-30 years ago. Holy shit.....I'm old, too
the olympics is a funny one. So i'm against it in my heart / gut from where Ive come from and what it meant to me. Not being a sport in any way...
But... The thought that in this day i can get a kid skate lessons aged 6 instead of just football or whatever is amazing.....

This got asked on my IG this week , great question...

Top 3 skaters based on style alone.....

I said... Tom Penny (specifically around 1995) , Kareem Campbell and Gino Iannuci...

what do spotlighters think??

Back