Speaker advice

dantboy

looking for some info on what speakers to get. The main reason for them is going to be for my summer in Ibiza. I already DJ and have moniter speakers but i'm looking for something smaller as they will have my landlord up at every opportunity. My price range is around 100-150 pounds. I want something with clarity and also something that can produce the goods at a gathering. Looking at one krk rokit 5 but think that may be abit much for what i'm after. I've also seen a new Bose dock/speaker that's wireless which seems quite good and can be taken to the beach etc. Any advise is welcomed, thanks in advance :)

I have a Bose Soundlink Mini speaker and I can only recommend it. It's very small and mobile and the sound is unbelievable compared to the size of the speaker.

Another vote for the Bose Soundlink Mini speaker, a friend has one and I had a listen, I couldn't believe it was that making the sound!

Yes bose is quality but if you pay 200€ 4 the mini I think it's better the soundlink III @ 300€

Get the best KRK you can afford. The music clarity for DJing is second to none.

thanks for the responses. leaning towards the bose mini. Dirk it wont be used for dj'ing but for the sound track of the summer. the fact the bose is mobile is the main draw where as the krk needs mains.

The difference in sound/frequency response at full volume was obvious between the mini and larger version

i doubt in my flat in ibiza i'll be having it full whack so the fact it's lighter etc is outweighing the sound a full volume. i had the first bose speaker dock and that was good at the time. also the bluetooth capability is great

The Jambox is a brilliant portal speaker. If you want something bigger, I just purchased the audiopro allroom air one - what a sound!

Last edited:
I've had a look at my cousins bose mini and my mind is almost made up. Not to sure if buying online would be better or what's the duty free like in UK airports. Do you actually get a better deal or not??

Back