Spanish Sim Cards

A

andyallwood

Hi,

I'm planning on spending the summer in Ibiza so i was just wondering if any of you lovely lot know anything about Spanish Sim cards?

are they available to buy before hand either from a local shop or online?

Which is the best one to use?

Or should i just look for a pay as you go Sim card from England, which offers some kind of international calling deal?

I'd have thought a Spanish SIM card with (most importantly) a Spanish number for people on the island to ring/text you on is a must if you're going to stay out there & work ?

Never got one myself so not sure if you can procure them before heading out (I use a UK mobile on Vodafone Passport most countries on roaming .. but it is not a cheap option for myself or others and would not be economic for stays of any significant duration in Spain).

Would have thought a cheap PAYG handset with a Spanish SIM would be the way forward ??

I'd have thought a Spanish SIM card with (most importantly) a Spanish number for people on the island to ring/text you on is a must if you're going to stay out there & work ?

Never got one myself so not sure if you can procure them before heading out (I use a UK mobile on Vodafone Passport most countries on roaming .. but it is not a cheap option for myself or others and would not be economic for stays of any significant duration in Spain).

Would have thought a cheap PAYG handset with a Spanish SIM would be the way forward ??

Yeah i would have thought a Spanish Sim card would be better, surely i can find one before i leave the UK.
Thanks.

I would have thought your best bet would be.. arrive in Ibiza, and head to say a Vodafone or Movistar shop and then just buy a PAYG Spanish Sim. You can usually get one reasonably and they usually have credit already on them.
Once you buy it, you have to have it registered in your name (to stop others stealing your number!), so I don't think it can be done in the UK.
It takes literally 10 mins in the shops so it's not as if it's a long-winded thing... Best wait til you get there and then make it a priority.

If you bring an unlocked phone with you, you can use it with any Spanish SIM card.

I would have thought your best bet would be.. arrive in Ibiza, and head to say a Vodafone or Movistar shop and then just buy a PAYG Spanish Sim. You can usually get one reasonably and they usually have credit already on them.
Once you buy it, you have to have it registered in your name (to stop others stealing your number!), so I don't think it can be done in the UK.
It takes literally 10 mins in the shops so it's not as if it's a long-winded thing... Best wait til you get there and then make it a priority.

If you bring an unlocked phone with you, you can use it with any Spanish SIM card.

Thanks Lisa :)

10 mins to get the card, an hour waiting to get served. Mobile phone shops in Santa Eulalia are the busiest in the world, they even have ticket machines to take a number like the deli counter in the hyper market. Don't forget to take a number!

Back