Spanish or Catalan?

andrewhowie22

Hello everyone, whilst not just around the corner I am looking at moving my life to Ibiza in the next few years. As such I want to learn the language as much as possible before I go. I've read some posts on the forum but still am not sure as to whether i am better learning to speak Spanish initially, or should search out a Catalan language program. Any thoughts greatly welcomed.

I'd go for Castellano (Spanish). Everyone speaks it and it also comes handy if you go to the main land or South America. You can always learn Catalan after that.

I agree, Castellano is spoken everywhere... Then once you've got to grips with that it makes Catalan a little easier!! :)

I'm making some progress with the duolingo website... Yo como carne, pescado y ensalada. Keep getting my onions mixed up with horses though.

Not a good mistake to make if you don't like eating horse meat!!! Best stick to onion or horse free meals if you eat out!! :lol: lol

Thanks for the advice. Spanish it is. Hopefully I'll make some progress over the winter so that next year I can actually string a few sentences together.

Back