Spanish mobile -PUK #/ Pin # help!

utagaura

So last year I bought a cheap pay-as-you-go-phone (Orange) in Ibiza.

However, since then, I have completely forgotten the phone number, when I charged it up , it asked for my PUK (which I have totally forgotten!) and then I know I need to know a pin number.

Can I retrieve all this info from Canada before I go? I know I'd have to call the network but,

1. My Spanish is non-existant
2. Can I still get it unlocked even though it was a PAYG phone and bought it over a year ago?
3. would it be pointless trying to call and unock it months before i go?

I didn't keep the instruction booklet, pin code, and i'd need to charge it up first before i can even access it.

Basically, can I and how can I get this phone to work again?

(can't use north american phones because they are on a CDMA instead of a GSM phone... very annoying when traveling!)

Thanks! :)

is there not am IMEI number inside your phone which can be associated to your sim card? pErhaps if you access thsi and call Orange they will be able to tell you what your puk code is?

is there not am IMEI number inside your phone which can be associated to your sim card? pErhaps if you access thsi and call Orange they will be able to tell you what your puk code is?

my what number??? :oops: :lol:

I don't understand this complicated phone talk! :lol:

Utaguara, I would've thought you could've at least spoken some Spanish seen as you've been there quite a few times.:!:

Utaguara, I would've thought you could've at least spoken some Spanish seen as you've been there quite a few times.:!:

that means you could talk about your PUK number and explain everything in spanish?

dont' know too many people that could because they've been to Ibiza a few times :confused:

best tap up Jam Man as he is a mobile guru, and will clarify your PUK to your IMIE or whatever they are...

my what number??? :oops: :lol:

I don't understand this complicated phone talk! :lol:

Take the back of the phone off, it should be on the label inside your phone that's beside your battery: it will appear like:

IMEI No.: 010119110019109 or whatever it is.

but chews is right Jam's the man on this topic.

Take the back of the phone off, it should be on the label inside your phone that's beside your battery: it will appear like:

IMEI No.: 010119110019109 or whatever it is.

but chews is right Jam's the man on this topic.

Thanks Mark!

I'll have a look at that....... and page jam man :lol:

What make / model of phone?

Does it have any network branding on it?

Is there a long number on the sim card?

If it's a Nokia, switch it on and press *#06# and tell me the number (that's the IMEI)

Also

*#2640#
Displays the security code.

#pw+1234567890+1#
To check the Provider Lock Status. ( "*" to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols).

#pw+1234567890+2#
To check the Network Lock Status. ( "*" to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols).

#pw+1234567890+3#
To check the Country Lock Status. ( "*" to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols).

PM Me all this info and I'll see what I can do. Spain is one of the countries I cover so I'll make a call to our office.

What make / model of phone?

Does it have any network branding on it?

Is there a long number on the sim card?

If it's a Nokia, switch it on and press *#06# and tell me the number (that's the IMEI)

Also

*#2640#
Displays the security code.

#pw+1234567890+1#
To check the Provider Lock Status. ( "*" to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols).

#pw+1234567890+2#
To check the Network Lock Status. ( "*" to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols).

#pw+1234567890+3#
To check the Country Lock Status. ( "*" to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols).

PM Me all this info and I'll see what I can do. Spain is one of the countries I cover so I'll make a call to our office.

Thanks Jam ! :) My phone is at my parents place which i will have to go pick up this weekend and then harass you for more help!

Thank you for the advice! :) :)

Back