Spanish Account numbers

cc = cuenta corriente - current account

IBAN = international bank account number

BIC - identifies the bank.

your account in the Uk will have a BIC and IBAN, if it's not on your statement, just ask your bank to provide it. or have a route around on their website for it.

Ok, so if I want to transfer money into a spanish account its asking for a sort code and account number. I presume the long c/c number is both of these?

This is what it looks like:

c/c ****-****-**-********** (the * are numbers obviously)
Iban ES64 (then the above numbers again with no dashes)
Bic - mostly letters and 2 numbers on the end

Im guessing that the c/c numbers are what I need to put in my transfer, the first 3 sets being the sort code and the last 10 numbers being the account number? Is that right? Then I put the Bic number in the reference?

To transfer to most European ( may be worldwide ?) accounts you need to give your account name, branch, and the IBAN with the branch code first, eg Me Smith, Solbank, Santa Eulalia, ES64 ****,****,**,**********
If it`s much more that a few grand, I would strongly recommend you talk to a money broker, eg Sterling exchange, FX exchange, the difference in rate can add up to a lot on a big "change"
Have a good one
Tim

To transfer to most European ( may be worldwide ?) accounts you need to give your account name, branch, and the IBAN with the branch code first, eg Me Smith, Solbank, Santa Eulalia, ES64 ****,****,**,**********
If it`s much more that a few grand, I would strongly recommend you talk to a money broker, eg Sterling exchange, FX exchange, the difference in rate can add up to a lot on a big "change"
Have a good one
Tim

Yes check out costs as BS suggests - cost me quite a

Thanks, I managed to get it sorted, got a very helpful person at the bank (after ringing about 3 times and getting nowhere!)

It was only a couple of hundred, so only cost me £9. Is that good?

Back