Spanair bites the dust :(

Do they do Madrid/Barca to Ibiza?
Strangely enough, I did not know that. I thought they only flew to the island from elsewhere in Europe.

Also Malaga in season. All destinations from 6-15 Euros. If you're on handluggage has been crazily cheap and far less than flying/ferrying to Palma this Winter :!:

they fly all over the place in summer from ibz. mostly bringing people in, as opposed to winter, but handy for me wanting to escape! my last two trips to rome were with ryanair and i have a booking with them for venice this october. ditto easyjet in summer, i'm flying to bilbao with them in august

Saw a post on a friend's FB and wondered what that was about.

More here:
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/28/world/europe/spain-airline-spanair/?hpt=ibu_c2

That's quite sad. Although Spanair once sent my baggage to Palma for 5 days, I used them several times for the hop from Madrid or Barca to Ibiza. Now we've got Iberia, Vueling and Air Europa so a little less choice of times and fares. :confused:

When I lived in Spain I took them twice they failed to load my luggage twice on my flight from Madrid to Ibiza and they other time I was going to a conference to the USA same thing my luggage was stuck at Madrid. I gave up on them, their baggage handling was horrible.

i don't think airlines have their own baggage handlers - it's a service provided by the airport. oft times connecting flights in ibiza arrive with no luggage because they've only had time to load the passengers so they won't miss their slot on the runway and the luggage follows on the next flight.

i can remember standing around for hours in the san jose fiesta because the band had arrived from barcelona but all their gear was following 2 hours later.

i don't think airlines have their own baggage handlers - it's a service provided by the airport. oft times connecting flights in ibiza arrive with no luggage because they've only had time to load the passengers so they won't miss their slot on the runway and the luggage follows on the next flight.

i can remember standing around for hours in the san jose fiesta because the band had arrived from barcelona but all their gear was following 2 hours later.
The time I had my baggage go missing, the Spanair rep at the check-in counter in Madrid just sent them to Palma instead of Ibiza. No particular reason. Just careless on her part.

That's when I learned it pays to double check the little baggage claim stubs they give you and make sure they've got the right airport code!

i wonder how that could be? surely the luggage bar code and your boarding pass bar code are one and the same - both generated at check in.

I don't know. We flew to Ibiza, so obviously the boarding cards were right, but our bags went to Palma. It wasn't until I was filing the paperwork (or maybe even back at the hotel) that I noticed the PMI on the baggage receipts instead of IBZ.

My flights were too close together spanairs doing on my out bound leg. When arrived back to Madrid I had a 6 hour layover before my flight to Jerez still my luggage did not arrive until 4 days later. I stopped flying Spanair.

Back