SPAIN v SCOTLAND

freakstar

Oh well...there we go again. I have to say, I can not see any other country winning a major championship in this decade. Spain (Barcelona in disguise - joke!) are just superb

Good spirit by Scotland I thought and I am sure that Alicante hotels and pubs have enjoyed the lift.

World Cup qualifying here we come!

Difficult to read too much on the last two games as Czechs and Scotland aren't exactly on the top bracket of world football ;) but Spain were on exceptional form these games.

What sets spain apart from the rest of teams inc Germany I think is the depth of talent.
I seriously think you could make two teams that would easily reach the final four of euros or wold cups.

Thought Silva was amazing, and Messi-esque in his role as the false number 9.
Cazorla was also excellent in his midfield role.

Iniesta will get his place back, not sure if Cesc will though. Del Bosque has got a tough job deciding his world cup squad and his first 11.

Only weakness is the ageing Puyol. The left back seemed to have a good debut though.

Agree about Puyol (although he did have an excellent tackle in the box).

Be interesting to see how England get on against Spain in the forthcoming friendly (although I wouldnt say they were in the top bracket of world football either). I'd be surprised if they are able to keep the goal difference to two (as Scotland did) based on the Monenegro game.

Silva was just assume.

Difficult to read too much on the last two games as Czechs and Scotland aren't exactly on the top bracket of world football ;) but Spain were on exceptional form these games.

What sets spain apart from the rest of teams inc Germany I think is the depth of talent.
I seriously think you could make two teams that would easily reach the final four of euros or wold cups.

Thought Silva was amazing, and Messi-esque in his role as the false number 9.
Cazorla was also excellent in his midfield role.

Iniesta will get his place back, not sure if Cesc will though. Del Bosque has got a tough job deciding his world cup squad and his first 11.

Only weakness is the ageing Puyol. The left back seemed to have a good debut though.

I said it before and I will say it again, you said he was good, you never said hopw good

Well I had a great night with Stu Hirst, his friends, and the rest of the Tartan Army. There was agreat atmosphere all around the city with the Scots getting on brilliantly with the Spanish. I was in the south Stand which wa smeant to be a Spanish stadium but was 80% Scottish, it was great.

The game itself, well there was only going to be one winner, theyre just different class. And like above Silva was man of the match for me, and how bloody small is he, hes tiny :eek: I was just glad the Scots got a goal, so we had something to cheer about.

wicked couple of days - thanks again Liam for all your help - hope you enjoyed your day with the mighty Tartan Army!

Spain were unreal.

My hangover was unreal!

you should see them again at wembley for the england game.. with your Spain shirt of course :)

Ingurland have to play Spain AND Holland at home in the next 4 months. Good job for El Italiano Capello that they are only friendlies!

Back