Space Opening....How many people??

I-Spy

Ok I was there and there were a hell of a lot of people there.
But, does anybody know the exact number of people through the door?

It was reported in a local Ibiza paper that there were 18000 through the door... read it whilst waiting for my burger in Finnigans!

Tenaglia put the figure at 21-22,000 on a post on his official forum...:eek:

Whichever way you look at it they made an absolute killing and didn't give a fcuk about the consequences/the punters enjoyment. One big cash cow.

No point grumbling about it anymore tho, it was a big fcuk off massive opening party and it's been and gone...time to move on

At even the roughest estimate, that has gotta be well over 1.5 million euros through the till.

For one party.

No wonder Pepe has a nice house

Couple of things annoyed me.
First was everytime I had to walk through the crowd there was always some impatient tosser behind me trying to push me and make me go faster.
Second was an English girl on the terrace who asked me for some of my drink..fine no problem, but then handed it to her boyfriend who greedily drinks as much as possible. Then she goes and does exactly the same to the guy next to me. Scamming, scamming, scamming...
This kind of behavior has become more apparent over the past 3 years.
Apart from that we had a blinder.

Last edited by a moderator:
what were u drinking?

i hate being asked in the 1st place .....

i remember once pete tong was on the terrace mingling with friends as he wasnt there to do a set .... think he stayed for about 30 mins and on his way out i was chatting too him near the exit... he then gave me his drink! i said "wots that for pete?, he said "nothing friend, its either yours or being kicked on the floor, i havent even took a drink out of it" so i thanked him and then proceeded round my friends to give them a drink of "Pete Tongs Vodka and Orange" :D

Second was an English girl on the terrace who asked me for some of my drink..fine no problem, but then handed it to her boyfriend who greedily drinks as much as possible. Then she goes and does exactly the same to the guy next to me. Scamming, scamming, scamming...
This kind of behavior has become more apparent over the past 3 years.
Apart from that we had a blinder.

OMG that is unbelievably cheeky....I remember getting really pi**** off with one of the girls I went to Space with last year who kept guzzling her drinks and trying to nick mine and the drinks of other girls in the group...OK fair enough if it's your mate but when you're a student on a budget you're savouring every drop! So I can only imagine how annoying it must have been to have a complete stranger do it!!! Grrr!!!!:evil:

i would choke any joker who tried to do this to me with my union jack towel

It anyone asks me for any of my drink then I just pretend I don't understand them and I'm Swedish or something :lol: FFS buy your own drink you tight **** :spank:
Maybe I'm paranoid, or just grew up in another era (or culture?), but the idea of sharing a beverage with a stranger is a bit repulsive. Germs! :!:

Once in Space, quite possible on my first visit, I was sitting in my favorite spot on the old terrace and some guy standing nearby reached for my beer. I managed to grab it before he did but then he opened his mouth to display a small object on his tongue which he seemed intent on swallowing. I took pity and gave him the beer... he gave it back after taking a swig but I don't think I touched it again... :lol:

Now I just say no. 10 friggin' euros!

I've absolutely no problem usualyl giving someone some of my drink whether that be beer or soft drinks,however in Ibiza where they cost an absolute fortune one must draw the line.

You know normally when I'm in Space or DC10 I invairably get asked and ok it's a bit cheeky but I never normally mind and have never even thought about it.
But this time it was an orchestrated mission to get something for nothing...and then doing exactly the same to another guy next to me.
Not good.

I like to be giving and cool about things, it annoyed me that she made me feel otherwise.

Just tell them to **** off.

A girl I know told me a guy who asked for her drink out there seemed to have something in his mouth that he spat back out into the drink. Could have been anything in it!

Back