Space closing

sweet sensation

Finally got our tickets :D not been to the closing before so looking forward to it. Pauly wants us to stay untill the sun rises, is it worth it? I dont know if I could last that long these days lol!! :lol:

Anyone else going?

Finally got our tickets :D not been to the closing before so looking forward to it. Pauly wants us to stay untill the sun rises, is it worth it? I dont know if I could last that long these days lol!! :lol:

Anyone else going?

In all likelihood I'll go. The morning session which goes on until noon on Monday is my favourite bit these days. Obviously the early Flight Terrace on the Sunday can be good too... but unless you go in twice (i.e. buy 2 tickets) and go home in the middle it's a marathon.

Will probably arrive between 3 and 5am ... as per usual !

Our flights are at 12pm on the monday and we go home to 2 kids so Im not sure its such a good idea to stay untill the sun rises....but Pauly thinks this is our only chance to do it for a while........what time does the sun rise in october? about 6am?

Our tickets say we have to get in before 10pm so it would be a right marathon as you say. I'd have to find a couch for a quick disco nap :lol:

I really like the car park arena, which is why we usually plan our holidays around the opening...dancing outside it the best 8)

sunrise in october is around 7am i'd say.

with space closing (and opening), it is always a bit a of a fight to get it all covered. you don't want to miss out on the flight area bit so you wanna make sure you're there by sunset (8pm). then you enjoy until midnight (or 2am if they keep going again like at the opening this year). and then comes the "bad" bit - the 3-4hours when it gets super busy everywhere else because the car park shuts and everyone has to go inside. then from about 4-5am people start leaving again and it gets nicer again. so you just have to set your mind right - enjoy the flight area, have a long break on premier etage (or in el salon) when it's too busy everywhere else and restart again in the wee morning hours...until they turn off the music :twisted:

what time does the sun rise in october? about 6am?

Our tickets say we have to get in before 10pm so it would be a right marathon as you say. I'd have to find a couch for a quick disco nap :lol:

I really like the car park arena, which is why we usually plan our holidays around the opening...dancing outside it the best 8)

07:57 on 8th October, apparently ..

Not sure about whether that entry time thing is enforced. By far the most civilised if you're worried about stamina is to go in at 4.30pm and stay till dinner. Come out and have something to eat, go to bed and wake up around 4-5am. Go back in on a new ticket and stay till 10.00am then head straight to the airport in a cab.

sunrise in october is around 7am i'd say.

with space closing (and opening), it is always a bit a of a fight to get it all covered. you don't want to miss out on the flight area bit so you wanna make sure you're there by sunset (8pm). then you enjoy until midnight (or 2am if they keep going again like at the opening this year). and then comes the "bad" bit - the 3-4hours when it gets super busy everywhere else because the car park shuts and everyone has to go inside. then from about 4-5am people start leaving again and it gets nicer again. so you just have to set your mind right - enjoy the flight area, have a long break on premier etage (or in el salon) when it's too busy everywhere else and restart again in the wee morning hours...until they turn off the music :twisted:

oh right :eek: shame they dont do passouts anymore, them were the days :rolleyes: its the eating and drinking aswell isnt it. we're going to stuff our face before we go but I know I'll be starving later on!! can you take food in with you, eg crisps and stuff or would it get confiscated?

I know most of you will probably think why am I worried about food and pre babies I would have been the same, but Im a good girl these days ;)

i don't think you can officially take food in, but you can BUY food in space. the cocktail bar on the sunset terrace (the one up the short flight of stairs) sells sandwiches, chocolates and stuff like that. helped me through many a long night already!

for such a long night like that i always go with a real full stomach. so i might feel really stuffed for the first hour or two, but i know it will help me a lot later in the night!

07:57 on 8th October, apparently ..

Not sure about whether that entry time thing is enforced. By far the most civilised if you're worried about stamina is to go in at 4.30pm and stay till dinner. Come out and have something to eat, go to bed and wake up around 4-5am. Go back in on a new ticket and stay till 10.00am then head straight to the airport in a cab.

bl00dy h3ll! I wont last from 5pm till 8am :lol: :eek:

you know what though, that doesnt sound like a bad idea what you have suggested. if you paid on the door at 5am would it still be 50+ euros? being on the guest list would work for this wouldnt it!! :p

i don't think you can officially take food in, but you can BUY food in space. the cocktail bar on the sunset terrace (the one up the short flight of stairs) sells sandwiches, chocolates and stuff like that. helped me through many a long night already!

for such a long night like that i always go with a real full stomach. so i might feel really stuffed for the first hour or two, but i know it will help me a lot later in the night!

Ive heard about this 'buying food in space' but never knew where!! are they ridiculously over priced and barely edible or will I be pleasantly surprised :lol:

We always have a massive meal before we go to space to help soak up the alcohol!

the old saying is that there are no stupid questions ... but this one :rolleyes: :?: :eek: :!:
... must be the exception of this rule :twisted:

wtf ? sweet sensation isn´t a BLOKE ??

why is it a stupid question????! im sure a packet of crisps in a pocket or a bag isnt a big crime!! :rolleyes:

and as for asking a stupid question, yours is pretty high up there.....:)

On the food issue, a couple of sports type power bars pack plenty of calories in a small package (so to speak). A couple hidden somewhere would not raise too many eyebrows, much easier than taking a packed lunch into the club:D

Take mashed potato and peas in your shoes for dinner, weave sour straps into your hair for desert, strap bacon around your waist for breakfast.

Keep away from animals.

the old saying is that there are no stupid questions ... but this one :rolleyes: :?: :eek: :!:
... must be the exception of this rule :twisted:

wtf ? sweet sensation isn´t a BLOKE ??

Please forgive the wife, Questions like this are normal. I'll make sure she eats enough before Space ;)

and no, she aint a bloke 8)

Back