Sonus Festival (Croatia)

11212672_827732893967751_219302608226051787_o.jpg

Has anyone been there ? Any info ?

Lineup and location look unbelievable!

I was there last year and its indeed a very very good festival. As u said the festival runs in three clubs (Aquarius, Papaya, Kalypso) that are 20m away from the sea, all of them are open air, which makes it extra magical the morning hours. There are totally 5 clubs on the beach (Zrce Beach), in time of Sonus the other two clubs play music for other visitors of the beach (EDM, RnB usually). Drink prices are around 3-4 eur for water, 7 eur for coctail, 25eur for the 1l jumbo coctail (which are really popular there). In front of the clubs there a are many fast foods to eat something. There are almost no waiting lines in-front of the clubs since everyone already has the wristband which is cool. Croatia is still very close to Italy so there are really many of Italians on the festival (so u imagine when Corola or Capriati plays the clubs are 200% packed).
The day partys start at 16h till 21h, with Dettmann, Monika Kruse, Len Faki, tINI, Capriati, Soundorom, Pan-Pot, etc. so the day party really go through the roof. Then around 00h the night part begins where the partys last till 7-8am with headliners in all three clubs. After that two clubs close and a afterparty starts in Kalypso, timewarp team really knows how invite djs the a afterparty (i remember the after party with Villalobos till 12am on the 6th day of the festival). Its actually not that easy to survive this 5 day & night party rhythm, but it works with the sea near by so u go and swim, then chill, eat something, go to the party. Again a very nice concept.

I went with a group of 13 people (Ibiza regulars) last year and we really weren't impressed. Here's my facebook review below...

Good line up but the music was average overall - no variation despite a good line up. Basically DJ's having to keep up with the previous DJ's playing too fast too early. The beach smells like piss each night. The drinks portions were ridiculously small (half a tiny cup of watered down vodka and coke for €5), Rude staff at the wristband check-in and the bars and the festival was generally rammed with unsavoury Italians. To make things worse everywhere we went bar staff were leaving us short on our change, almost every time, every bar, not just expecting tips but ASKING and TAKING tips from our change! Created a poor atmosphere....had a good time because we had a good group but none of us would go back again.

I would zpend my money on another Croatian festival tbh....

Back