Sonar 2017...

srobertson24

Looking at going to Sonar for a few days then heading onto Ibiza!

Anyone on here any tips for Sonar, any hotels/areas I should be heading to or avoiding??

Travelling solo so any advice would be top notch!

Cheers guys!

Yes. Off Sonar (during the whole week) developed out of the official sonar event. When there are "suprise acts" at off sonar parties, they are playing 99% for the regular "sonar" event.

I was there the last three years - amazing quality (80% of the resident advisor top 100 play in barcelona during this week) and quite cheap (compared to Ibiza). The first events and tickets are already online, check resident advisor or "off party barcelona".

Moreover I would recommend a hotel with good public transport possibilities so you can reach all areas cheap and easy. In the area of "Sants" was great last years.

anyother suggestion: last year i combined 5 days ibiza with 5 days barcelona (the flights BCN <-> IBZ are VERY cheap), thinking about that for 2017

Yes. Off Sonar (during the whole week) developed out of the official sonar event. When there are "suprise acts" at off sonar parties, they are playing 99% for the regular "sonar" event.

I was there the last three years - amazing quality (80% of the resident advisor top 100 play in barcelona during this week) and quite cheap (compared to Ibiza). The first events and tickets are already online, check resident advisor or "off party barcelona".

Moreover I would recommend a hotel with good public transport possibilities so you can reach all areas cheap and easy. In the area of "Sants" was great last years.

this is correct

June is biggest month of year for all the Barcelona clubs / mini-festies that pop up around town. everyone is cashing in on the thousands of rave tourists. I think people get too fixated on the various brands though - it's basically techno paradise and pretty much everyone is catered for. I myself tend to swerve all the nametag/ festie pass bullshit and instead try and find out where the less publicised, backroom doos are, which cost a fraction of the price of the big events. gutted about sala be cool closing as that was next level.

just to complicate things further, alongside SONAR and OFF-SONAR there used to be a collective of dog-on-string anarchist squatters called ANTI-SONAR which is where all the nosebleed techno got played. If they're still going that's where you'll get the real chaos (or at least, until the Guardia steam in)

On my radar now for something to do in June, but might prefer just to mooch around Barcelona and experience the fringe stuff rather than go to the main event. Would be interested in hearing more from people who've done this.

On my radar now for something to do in June, but might prefer just to mooch around Barcelona and experience the fringe stuff rather than go to the main event. Would be interested in hearing more from people who've done this.

Done this 3 times. Never actually been to Sonar itself. If you get earlybirds its cheap as chips. I prefer the things going on towards the beach but more just cause i like cutting about with a cargo chatting to randoms. Theres always tonnes of stuff going on, some of it works well, some falls a bit flat, guess thats what happens with hundreds of one off parties and loads of people in town trying too hard to be cool.

But yes, defo worth checking out. Its so random, you'll be on a rooftop pool party one day, then partying in the middle of a shopping centre the next, and like ibiza there so many like minded souls in town you're never far from some company if you're going solo.

So what would peeps recommend for timing if more likely to do off Sonar than Sonar itself? Go around the Sonar weekend, or go in the days leading up/afterwards?

Usually arrived tuesday went home Sunday night. Cheap flights to ibiza though if you were away to get a cheap flight home from there a couple days later.

So has anyone planned any parties?

I'm looking at Secretsundaze on the Saturday and got tickets to the innervisions thing on the Sunday.

Is it just me or are things getting announced a little slower this year?

Back