Sonar 2010

thelak

Hi people. Havent posted on here in a while. hope everyone is well.

Anyway I am off to Sonar this June. About 15 of us going and yours truly is in charge or organising the whole jaunt :eek:. Just wanted to get the low down from anyone that has been as will be my first time

1) Ive heard that the actual Sonar by night is a bit avg and souless in the big site and its better to hit the off sonar parties?

2) Am having a bit of trouble deciding which off sonar parties to hit as such a choice so any opinions again about how good the club is, crowd, vibe, soundsystem etc would be helpful as ive never been clubbing in barca before

Thurs - Am thinking the Soma party at La Terraza. Is only a few of us on the thurs so less of an issue

Fri - This is the toughie as the whole crew arrive.....

1) Kompakt showcase (Michael Mayer, Superpitcher and Gui Borratto) sounds awesome but is at Nitsa? Ive heard mixed reviews about the venue and looks a bit avg on youtube too?!

2) DJ T,Heidi, Thomas Schumacher Get Physical Party...again sounds awesome...is at BeCool....what is this joint like...vibe, crowd etc??

3) Audiofly (not sure i would go to sonar to see the ex-sosho residents but...), Tiefschwarz, Ripperton at Liquid. I understand this is an outdoor venue which could be cool but again...any good?

Other ones that look good incl Jame Holden at the Loft at Razmatazz (but heard is one big club of loads of diff genres), and 2020 Vision Party at City Hall....argh so many good sounding choices!

Sat:

1) Cadenza at Kana beach sounds the clear winner but heard it was badly organised last yr? Also heard half the crowd were spanish chavs palming off fake gear?! Looks the winner on paper in terms of line-up

2) Cross Town Rebels party with Damian Lazaurus, Seth Troxler, Clive Henry also sounds ace. Is at WIP. Again heard there were some massive issues with this new venue last year

Sun:
I think the Barracca pty at hotel Diagnol during the day and then flight home

Are there any must do parties or after parties im missing as well?

Cheers guys. have a good weekend

1) Ive heard that the actual Sonar by night is a bit avg and souless in the big site and its better to hit the off sonar parties?

Sonar by day is ok, by night it wasn't great last year. Off sonar parties were better imo.

Thurs - Am thinking the Soma party at La Terraza. Is only a few of us on the thurs so less of an issue

This will be good. Soma would be good obviously plus La Terraza is a lovely open air club. Got sound restrictions because of this but it didn't matter to us last year (well most of us eh Bartonious)

Fri - This is the toughie as the whole crew arrive.....

Sat:

1) Cadenza at Kana beach sounds the clear winner but heard it was badly organised last yr? Also heard half the crowd were spanish chavs palming off fake gear?! Looks the winner on paper in terms of line-up

2) Cross Town Rebels party with Damian Lazaurus, Seth Troxler, Clive Henry also sounds ace. Is at WIP. Again heard there were some massive issues with this new venue last year

Don't know about WIP but last year at Kanna beach club the queue was a complete joke. Wasn't far off people being crushed to death. I know that sounds OTT but it was mental. We bailed from the queue becuse my girl almost had a panic attack because of it.

Due to this I'd boycot the cadenza parties.

Interesting re the cadenza party. Heard the same. But you would hope they would have learnt their lesson right?!? :spank:

Back