Somethings wrong here!

scribs76

With all this negative talk about clubs opening up later<Cutting down the noise level in San Antonio where im staying and other negative rumors.Is Ibiza Gonna suck this summer or what.I go in June and spent lots of money to come across seas to ibiza for it to be ****ty.Whats your feelings on this?:evil:

Last yr i went amnesia and borabora was closed.Lat yr was my first time.Will Bora bora be closed again cuz its during the day?Where are there any other party islands that are up and coming?

Not Cancun, Cancun is full of hip-hop lovin american college students.Which i hate and im american and hate hip-hop!

All we can do is wait - I was there last year when all the clubs shut as well but still had a great holiday. At present, it's not that bad imo as clubs are shut for 6 hours and that's it......and hopefully, with all these new laws, this will prevent anymore closures with only fines being imposed.

The sound level law in san Antonio also confuses me as 65-70dB is naff all really, basically means you can't play music outdoors so anywhere with a terrace or open roof will have to cover up :eek: but again, last year I remember being in Bar M and the music got lowered to a stupid level because of complaints although it didnt bother us at the time :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I guess we will find out on Monday if the 6 hours becomes 10.5 hours which is a serious step to far!! Not sure about anyone else but this definatly would not stop me going back, im sure the island has much more to offer than clubs before 4.30 pm :lol::lol:

With all this negative talk about clubs opening up later<Cutting down the noise level in San Antonio where im staying and other negative rumors.Is Ibiza Gonna suck this summer or what.I go in June and spent lots of money to come across seas to ibiza for it to be ****ty.Whats your feelings on this?:evil:

Last yr i went amnesia and borabora was closed.Lat yr was my first time.Will Bora bora be closed again cuz its during the day?Where are there any other party islands that are up and coming?

Not Cancun, Cancun is full of hip-hop lovin american college students.Which i hate and im american and hate hip-hop!
You can not go to Ibiza and not have a good time. End of discussion!

So, the hours might be changed and you might have to adjust your partying. So what? We were there in June last year... ok, Amnesia was closed but Cocoon held a cracking night in Privilege instead! Bora Bora had their music turned off (not closed) but they just moved their speakers over to Tahiti next door and we had a couple of great afternoons there! Despite tougher sound regulations, Mulletover held a great party outside up in the hills.

There will always be something going on so don't sweat it. Make the trip!

By the way, what part of New England are you from? (a former six-year Boston resident, now American abroad, asking)

Oh, and Cancun is great if you don't go during US spring break! I found it more a haven of trance music and full of Brits when we were there for New Years '07

Oh dont get me wrong.I was more concerned about the overall vibe of people in general.I love to party and had a blast last yr with those clubs being closed.I never been to them so i guess i wouldnt know anyhow.But id like to check out day partys in ibiza and i was looking forward to a bora bora type thing.It was also my first time so i didnt really know what to do at first since there was so much stuff going on.But this yr i know where to go and since ill have a car ill be more free to do as i please.Theres also no better feeling watching that sun go down and you know your up for a great night.

Im north of beantown 20 minutes basically lived here most my life.Acception to arizona and florida where i spent some living time.Winter sux and im looking forward to spring then heading to Ibiza.3 buddys and myself staying in San An so thats why asked about the noise situation.

i think it's funny how the fact opening hours may be reduced slightly is causing such a furore. storm in a cafe con leche cup if you ask me.

most people don't go to dc10 (on a monday) till late afternoon anyway. space's morning afters have gradually dwindled due to their increased night time activity.

even in the worst case scenario, there are still 2-3 at least good nights to choose from every night of the week. on that basis, like morbyd says, i fail to see how you wouldn't have a great time.

Back