Solomun

mashednlovingit

Off to see him play Sankeys tomorrow. What should I expect from him music wise? Is it all slowed down house/disco or does it get banging at any point?

You've pretty much summed it up nicely. But he will throw some curve-balls in there: bit of Bowie, Chem Brothers, Eurythmics. Really is a journey he takes you on. His style is really unique. I wouldn't call it "banging" per se, but whatever it is, it just works! You will have a super time, I'm sure! :)

Enjoyed his recent Creamfields Argentina mix, he can really mix it up and don't expect slow disco.

Just purchased tickets to see him at BPM next month, can't wait.

Seen him at Destino this year....he was good! He didn't really play any slammers, was quite chilled nicey-nicey house. Too nicey nicey for me.....I thought Adriatique were better. I have heard he is tremendous though when he has a few hours to play with....

I have heard he is tremendous though when he has a few hours to play with....

absolutely. I got my fair share of him this past summer and I mostly really liked his sets. am also not a fan when it's too 'nicey nicey' (i do like it, but not at a club), but when he's in the right mood - wow. not the best technically (mixing) I often think, but he totally makes up with his track selection.

If any of you have been to both which did you prefer dynamic at sankeys or +1 at pacha?
I have been to both, i preferred Sankeys. When i saw Solly there, he played much more freely than Ive seen him anywhere. It was also the first time I saw him (Sept 2013). I've seen him since, in Pacha-Ibiza, Story-Miami, Space-Miami (label party), Cova Santa-Ibiza, Warehouse Party-Brooklyn (label party) and i think right after he finished his 2013 ibiza season he started to switch to more of a dark/techno sound and stick with it for the most part. Everytime ive seen him since Neon Nights he's stuck to a similar style except playing a bit housey-er at the miami music week label party but that was an 8am-10am set on the terrace so it was expected. His neon nights set included a couple of hip hop songs, and a little touch of disco as well. Certainly floated through some different styles. Still one of my all time favorite sets from anyone, and definitely is what got me hooked on diynamic.

Also to add to that, he closed his Sankeys set by mixing 50 Cent/The Game- Hate it or Love it with something that just had an absolutely raw techno bassline and when the beat dropped Sankeys went absolutely nuts. Could have been the 5-6 shots people had bought and brought him during his set, but thats just something i have never seen again from him. Also if you listen to his essential mix which came out in 2012, there is a lot of hip hop/disco/house throw in there. His style has evolved, and he remains my favorite dj but i do wish hed throw some curveballs like he used too :)

Back