Solomun @ sankeys

Ola,
2nd trip coming up this year after the best all-round holiday of my life in Sep 2012. I understand now why people love it and it's far from being about just clubs. What a perfect small island it is and so much more beautiful than I anticipated.
As a first trip I plumped for a couple of DJ's I thought would get us both on the dance floor with mixed results. Eric Morillo was as good as I hoped and us old farts even managed to stay the distance that night. Tiesto/Sacha a bit pants (personal opinion only guys and most of the crowd were having a ball, just for me a massive anticlimax!)
SO, I decided to try and be a bit more discerning this time around (Sep 2013) and have my eye on what DC10 might have to offer - opinions welcome- and wondered whether anyone went to see Solomun at Sankeys and would think it OK for a 53 and 39 year old who like vocal/funky house. It was hard to find in 2012. Minimal/techno was everywhere.
We went a bit mad for old timers in 2012 and did 5 club nights. This time we'll go for 3, perhaps on of the big clubs we didn't visit and 2 other nights.
All suggestions welcome and feel free to insult us as past it!

Im a big fan of sankeys Ibiza so I may be a bit biased, went maybe alot during last season and solomuns night was the best sankeys had to offer IMO. The music is quite slow and deep, with vocal occasionally. However my mum is comin out this summer to see me an she wants to see a club, I wouldn't take her there but if your into the scene then you might like it.....maybe check out flower power at Pacha if its on this year, that's where I'm taking my mum!

Im a big fan of sankeys Ibiza so I may be a bit biased, went maybe alot during last season and solomuns night was the best sankeys had to offer IMO. The music is quite slow and deep, with vocal occasionally. However my mum is comin out this summer to see me an she wants to see a club, I wouldn't take her there but if your into the scene then you might like it.....maybe check out flower power at Pacha if its on this year, that's where I'm taking my mum!

LOL, I'm old but I aint' no mum!

..... did Pacha 3 times so probably won't be taking it in this year although I did like the venue so I will check that out. Neither of us minds deep house and don't mind a younger crowd although I've avoided the Kindergarten clubs of San An deliberately. Is Sankeys full of idiots or something?

Go, go, go. I love Sankeys Ibiza (none of the crappy VIP nonsense that puts a dampener on some clubs there) and I enjoyed Solomun's night. I'm 37 btw. ;)

Crowd last year was spot on! Think this year the crowd will change abit tbh especially at solomuns night but still go!!!!i will be

Back