Solomun at Pacha

spinksy123

First time I've been to see him play Pacha. Awesome night. Music was spot on for me. Seemed a little heavier than what I expected. Which was a nice surprise

told ya (not you but everyone on here). lots of people still have the wrong perception that you can't have an ace night in pacha.

didn't go last night, but also heard that the music was harder than expected (especially with hosh you don't expect a banging session).

My first time at Pacha and it rocked last night. Hosh smashed at WHP in Manchester last year. Never been disappointed by him

I'm totally biased for Pacha and Solomun, but it is the best night in Pacha by far, and gives a total Ibiza experience for me. Solomun mixes it up and the +1 adds so much that you will never get the same night twice. I've been about 8 times over last few seasons and everyone has been different. Totally recommend his all night longs at the end of season too....

Pacha is still my favourite venue, go on a good night and it is a special place.

Mine also. Pick the right night and it is unrivalled. Pick the wrong one and it's a living hell on earth. Fine balance - use your judgement carefully!

Just feels more like a club sometimes rather than a large warehouse or airplane hangar. Don't get me wrong, still love the larger places but I just think Pacha offers something different. Still holds 3,500 people but manages to feel more intimate. And I just love popping up to the funky room at some point, never fails to make me smile!

For me the appeal is that is so much more than just a club. It's the full experience: the sense of theatre when you approach the front door, the decor, the production, the tiers and alcoves, rising platforms. The funky room, the upstairs terrace, even Pacha Sweet. The restaurant (I know ppl say that it has gone downhill, still a notable cog in the machine imo). The reputation, the decadence. And, yes, I'll say it, the VIP. It all fits so perfectly together.

For me the appeal is that is so much more than just a club. It's the full experience: the sense of theatre when you approach the front door, the decor, the production, the tiers and alcoves, rising platforms. The funky room, the upstairs terrace, even Pacha Sweet. The restaurant (I know ppl say that it has gone downhill, still a notable cog in the machine imo). The reputation, the decadence. And, yes, I'll say it, the VIP. It all fits so perfectly together.

Agree, and probably going to repeat what you say, but for me, Pacha is Ibiza. Everytime I walk through the entrance I look up at that "1973" over the door, and every time I still get a sense of excitement walking in no matter how many times I go. I appreciate that Pacha can only support 2 max nights of underground/tech music, as their business model is more geared to EDM and the VIP punters, but to me I love tech/underground music in a less warehouse environment. It feels slightly like you've rocked up at someones villa and started a party! Don't get me wrong, I love a good warehouse party in the east end, or an underground car park converted to a club, but I'm in Ibiza, it's 25c at 3AM in the morning still, I have a tan, I feel good, the people around me feel good, the club has white washed walls, and so many levels and different types of people that it feels decadent. Add to that some Solomun, Digweed and guests and you have yourself an unforgettable night. That deep tech house sound has that breezy elegance that matches Pacha perfectly for me.

Mine also. Pick the right night and it is unrivalled. Pick the wrong one and it's a living hell on earth. Fine balance - use your judgement carefully!

Only been twice, once to Subliminal once to Vagabundos both times were hell on earth! literally could not move and for this reason have stayed away since...

Only been twice, once to Subliminal once to Vagabundos both times were hell on earth! literally could not move and for this reason have stayed away since...

my experience from about 12-330 at Solomun +1 was like that last year. quite a few annoying people who were walking through the dancefloor constantly too. but from 4-8 pure magic!

my experience from about 12-330 at Solomun +1 was like that last year. quite a few annoying people who were walking through the dancefloor constantly too. but from 4-8 pure magic!

That tends to happen on busy nights, looks like Solomun might be going that way unfortunately. As said, from 4am all the faux VIP and voyeurs have f***ed off to their beds and the fun begins. I usually find a spot beside the wall until then where I can dance with minimum intrusion.

Agree with above. Pacha best after 4AM and it goes on surprisingly late sometimes.... Also you have to work out where to stand. People moan about getting pushed about, but don't stand by the steps or on the areas where people pass by. Same when people mon about DC10 being busy when they stand by the doors between the two main rooms.

This is our last night. And quite frankly we are done. It's a sun newspaper, Sky news and bed. Returning for Honeymoon in September albeit far more chilled.

Solomun was easy the best night. Followed by Cocoon. Magna Carta at sankeys was probably the least enjoyable.

Nothing wrong as such. We had started a little early if I'm honest. It also seemed a little empty. But again I could be wrong. The pictures of me are not pretty. It could be people were keeping a wide berth!

Musically for me it didn't really stand out. But I stress again that could've been down to my own doing.

It also seemed a little empty. But again I could be wrong. The pictures of me are not pretty. It could be people were keeping a wide berth!

I know Reverse/Magna claim to be the ANTS after party, but surely most people just cross the road and go to Elrow/Kehakuma!

Back