So what's Radioslave like live then?

Johnny Vodka

He's one I want to tick off my list and he's playing Glasgow Sub Club at some unspecified point in the near future.

What kind of shizzle can I expect? Does he always play it dark?

might see him this saturday alongside carl craig so will let you know. His tunes have a habit of being 10mins +

on a scale of darkness, we're talking darth vader dark

moody techy $hit for an hour and then suddenly BAM! he'll pull facemelting genius like this out the hat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYlMRP7e6as

so moral of the story is, hold back on the ketamine until about an hour in - and then it is like one savage trip

I saw him in London and also in Malmo (but the swedish crowd were just standing around chatting, sipping beer, and watching, which was a bit cringe)

I don't do the horse tranquilizer. :lol:

Only mix I've heard of his is the Misch Masch one (great). Love what I've heard of the Rekid stuff, wish I could get hold of what he did to Ms Bush's King of the Mountain and love the Quiet Village stuff (though figure he won't play anything like that).

Last edited by a moderator:
And it turns out to be a night my club buddy can't make. :( (Mind you, if he had been good for coming out we would have booked tix for Hercules & Love Affair on the same night at The Arches by now.)

And it turns out to be a night my club buddy can't make. :( (Mind you, if he had been good for coming out we would have booked tix for Hercules & Love Affair on the same night at The Arches by now.)

in 2 minds about the H&LA - some nice bits on the new album but no real killer tunes since blind imo - I would like to see em live though

in 2 minds about the H&LA - some nice bits on the new album but no real killer tunes since blind imo - I would like to see em live though

New album's not that great, but they're part of a Death Disco night at The Arches - £7 to get in & various acts/rooms. No way you'd have a bad time...

Here's RS's Kate Bush thing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbyFjdbBea4

His stuff is dark and drawn out, but very hypnotic.

Just ordered his Fabric mix...

I shall be digging out his Misch Masch mix for my Friday rave in the car on the way to/from work. :lol:

radio slave is ****in great.

live it's a bit darker.

but his regular dj set is like his fabric mix. lots of drums, deep house, tribal in parts, really groovy, not as hard as people think at all. love it

Been reacquainting myself with Misch Masch in the car today and it's fantastic... and very dark... I love the weird, slowed down voices and stuff. Like being on drugs without actually being on drugs. :lol:

radio slave is ****in great.

live it's a bit darker.

but his regular dj set is like his fabric mix. lots of drums, deep house, tribal in parts, really groovy, not as hard as people think at all. love it

Never had a bad night when radioslave's been playing!!

Been reacquainting myself with Misch Masch in the car today and it's fantastic... and very dark... I love the weird, slowed down voices and stuff. Like being on drugs without actually being on drugs. :lol:

I love those slowed down Alien voice tunes too! they really do something inside my head! Anja Schneider played this awesome tune earlier this year which was like a girl saying I wish I'd given sushi a chance, I wish I'd worked harder in school that kind of stuff over and over then it turned into a slowed down alien like voice , I love it so dark and eerie.. I dunno what it is about dark melodies they have a kind of euphoria about them that only people who like it get

I love those slowed down Alien voice tunes too! they really do something inside my head! Anja Schneider played this awesome tune earlier this year which was like a girl saying I wish I'd given sushi a chance, I wish I'd worked harder in school that kind of stuff over and over then it turned into a slowed down alien like voice , I love it so dark and eerie.. I dunno what it is about dark melodies they have a kind of euphoria about them that only people who like it get

Have you heard Quiet Village's (basically him and one other guy) 'Can't Be Beat' where they slow down a vocal over Pearly Spencer strings? (I think it's the Pearly Spencer vocal too.) Awesome stuff.

A mother luvin' tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENRz3Hp6tbM

That Vince Watson - Renaissance tune that ends Misch Masch is a belter. Pulls the whole thing up into the light.

Should I have heard of Vince Watson before?

Back