Snow......i,d rather have Sun! anyday!

jlw1

currently -2 in good old N. Ireland 2ft of snow,traffic chaos.

but a visit on here warms the heart and the excitement of san antonio 2011 is already building up.

i do like Christmas but 2 weeks in the party isle is hard to beat.

is it a crime to enjoy summer hols more than Christmas......discuss

cheers

Party People
time for a hot brandy:D

Constantly having this debate with the missus.

Hols in sun wins over 1 day of over eating - every time.

Being excited about christmas ends the year you get your first christmas day hangover and you no longer want to wake up at 5.30 a.m, which is normally around the age of 14.

You become indifferent the year that your main present is the unpaid water bill or your kitchen floor re-tiled.

Being excited about christmas ends the year you get your first christmas day hangover and you no longer want to wake up at 5.30 a.m, which is normally around the age of 14.

Haha! I totally agree!

There is nothing good about snow, unless it results in a day off work!

As long as it's gone by boxing day and New Years Day I don't care too much.. my serious partying begins after xmas day :D I do feel like I'm under house arrest though.. none of the men in my close have been decent enough to create a path. Juan kers

was supposed to fly to spain tmrw morning to see my family for xmas but the XXXXing snow has closed luton airport...

if there is a god, he is an utterly sadistic slime

As long as it's gone by boxing day and New Years Day I don't care too much.. my serious partying begins after xmas day :D I do feel like I'm under house arrest though.. none of the men in my close have been decent enough to create a path. Juan kers

I will setoff now, and will have your path clear by midnight....:D:D:D

was supposed to fly to spain tmrw morning to see my family for xmas but the XXXXing snow has closed luton airport...

if there is a god, he is an utterly sadistic slime

Oh dear.

So was my bloke. On the 16h35 flight from Luton also.

He's now going Tuesday.

Xmas day is the most boring day of the year, and that's before the TV is switched on, which makes it even worse.

So, get the video's I have made of Ibiza and Formentera, get the San Miguel and a nice bottle of red opened, play Ibiza Radio Sonica 95.2 off the web over the speakers, and pretend I'm on the terrace of Cafe Del Lago in La Sabina.

No, make that bawl my eyes out that I'm not really there.

Xmas day is the most boring day of the year, and that's before the TV is switched on, which makes it even worse.

I'm really looking forward to Xmas day - got lunch booked at The Warrington, a Ramsay pub and will be first Xmas in my new place, and first Xmas with the lady. 8)

it all seemed to be going so well. The M1 was clear, got up to Luton with no problems, the board showed the barcelona flight on schedule and so I sat down outside the cafe emperor nero around 4am with the papers and digested the latest on assange, smugly observing the ever escalating queue outside the easyjet (dis)information desk. Then a text came through at around 6am.

"You're cancelled!"

(or rather, we're sorry to inform you that blah blah your xmas is now screwed blah blah)

TOTAL PANIC :!:

So I joined the ever-escalating queue forming outside the easyjet (dis)information desk. People were getting extremely restless, I saw a Turkish family in tears, one woman in a wheelchair was having a fit. I didn't see anyone in an easyjet uniform, just 2 (TWO) subcontractors with walkie talkies hopelessly out of their depth. After 3 (THREE) hours I made it to the front. No more flights till wednesday, although I could make the subs bench for the sunday afternoon flight in case anyone didn't show. (Akin to telling someone on the titanic they might make it on to the escape boats if anyone dropped out). So then after emergency consultation with my folks, I decided to try my luck at St Pancras. There must be ONE seat on one train, I'll bribe them if necessary. Nothing, nada, zilch, rien - and so with a heavy heart I went home (with the car still at Luton Apt) and found out there MAY be a seat on a flight out of gatwick on wednesday. If that too fails, then will be distraught. Probably my gran's last xmas and we had this one all planned for her, but what can yer do...?

there MAY be a seat on a flight out of gatwick on wednesday. If that too fails, then will be distraught. Probably my gran's last xmas and we had this one all planned for her, but what can yer do...?
That's a hell of a story, mate.
Good luck to you. Fingers crossed that you get where you need to go.

it all seemed to be going so well. The M1 was clear, got up to Luton with no problems, the board showed the barcelona flight on schedule and so I sat down outside the cafe emperor nero around 4am with the papers and digested the latest on assange, smugly observing the ever escalating queue outside the easyjet (dis)information desk. Then a text came through at around 6am.

"You're cancelled!"

(or rather, we're sorry to inform you that blah blah your xmas is now screwed blah blah)

TOTAL PANIC :!:

So I joined the ever-escalating queue forming outside the easyjet (dis)information desk. People were getting extremely restless, I saw a Turkish family in tears, one woman in a wheelchair was having a fit. I didn't see anyone in an easyjet uniform, just 2 (TWO) subcontractors with walkie talkies hopelessly out of their depth. After 3 (THREE) hours I made it to the front. No more flights till wednesday, although I could make the subs bench for the sunday afternoon flight in case anyone didn't show. (Akin to telling someone on the titanic they might make it on to the escape boats if anyone dropped out). So then after emergency consultation with my folks, I decided to try my luck at St Pancras. There must be ONE seat on one train, I'll bribe them if necessary. Nothing, nada, zilch, rien - and so with a heavy heart I went home (with the car still at Luton Apt) and found out there MAY be a seat on a flight out of gatwick on wednesday. If that too fails, then will be distraught. Probably my gran's last xmas and we had this one all planned for her, but what can yer do...?

Ferry? Drive?

Back