Snorkling

2eivissa

Hi there,

I'm flying to Ibiza this Thursday for a week of sun & fun. Besides clubbing, I also want to do some daytime activities. Does anyone know a good place for snorkling (if any...)?

Grtz

Small, sheltered coves tend to be the best:

Cala Carbo
S'Illot des Rencli
Cala Mastella
Cala Xarraca

You'd need a car though...

Thanx for the input! I'm thinkin' about renting a car as well, so now I have some snorkling options to choose from :)

The ones Harry Flowers mentions are all decent. Even Benirras can be great for fish if it's calm and viz is OK (rocks at the East side of the beach) - lots of kelp there and this keeps them interested. Water is also really clear round Atlantis and off the coast near Puerto Sant Miquel - walk West towards the little island and head down the paths to the rocks. Not usually so many fish there but nice all the same. If you rent a boat you have masses of options.

Just returned from a days snorkeling at Cala Xarraca, plenty of interesting fish to look at, some I have not seen in Ibiza before. Only complaint was from my 5 year old daughter that the big rock in the middle was too sharp to climb!

cala conta is actually also pretty good. if it's a quiet day the visibility is really good and there is plenty of marine sealife around if you snorkel towards the south from the beach. cala tarida is also pretty interesting around the rocks. and yeah, all the small coves are mostly really good!

cala conta is actually also pretty good. if it's a quiet day the visibility is really good and there is plenty of marine sealife around if you snorkel towards the south from the beach. cala tarida is also pretty interesting around the rocks. and yeah, all the small coves are mostly really good!

be very careful of the current in cala conta. it really rips between the main beach and the nearest big island. even strong swimmers should be careful. please keep near the beaches. there are lifeguards there all summer.

I've jumped off that bit myself, just deep enough that my foot touched the bottom but safe, try telling a 5 year old that though, they just aren't as brave as their dads!

Back