Smoking and mobile phones in clubs

doctor muck

Hi, I am new to this forum and an Ibiza virgin... We are going to Ibiza for 2 weeks from July 5th and was wondering if Ibiza/Spain has a smoking ban like in England? Can you smoke in clubs or are there special areas? I also read that many clubs will not let you take cameras in without prior arrangement- does this include mobile phones? Can you take them into clubs and can you take photos with them, or will you be thrown out? Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes you can smoke and yes you can take mobile phones.
But just be discreet and don't put your camera right in front of the DJ's face or up the dancer's dress.
If you are cool and not a knob you will ok.

In Space, which forbids cameras, I've had the security guards make me put my camera away while people right next to me were photographing with their mobile phones. They're not really concerned with grainy phone images for some reason :lol:

It would be nice to take photos and videos with my phone but the real reason I was asking was if mobile phones in their own right are allowed in to clubs- we are going to see Tiesto at Privilege and I have read that you can lose your friends for the rest of the night because it's so big and busy so it would be good to have a way to speak/ text and find out where my wife is if we become separated and meet up esp at end of the night. But you have answered this question and my mind is at rest so thanks!

In Space, which forbids cameras, I've had the security guards make me put my camera away while people right next to me were photographing with their mobile phones. They're not really concerned with grainy phone images for some reason :lol:

I wonder why that is. Do they not know that most mobiles are digital camera quality these days? :eek:

But in saying that- whilst in Privilege one night I had my Bluetooth switched on and kept getting mini flyers for Tiesto and Meganite sent to my mobile so maybe thats why they let you take them in!

Or was I just tripping?! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
my mobile phone has a 5mp camera and takes great photos and records high quality videos...which means i will use it in the clubs instead of the camera...i don't think however there is any possibility of any club taking it away from me...

Danny Tenaglia loves to see you using your phone when he's playing, hehe!

Has anyone seen DT and John McEnroe in the same place at the same time? :confused:

Back