SKRILLEX + ICARUS | IBIZA ROCKS | 24/08/16

McRackin

Super Moderator
With a longer queue to get in than usual and a great sense of anticipation in the air, I grabbed a free piña colada and descended the stairs of our favourite party hotel...

Phil Taggart was back for the third and last time this season, first with his club night Slacker at Ibiza Rocks Bar on tuesday and yesterday at Ibiza Rocks Hotel. The BBC Radio 1 DJ played in front of a large crowd and on the main stage instead of at the side of the stage like in the previous visits, no wonder he was loving it so much.

P1320224+-+copia.JPG

The Bristol duo Icarus, formed by brothers Tom and Ian, are signed to Pete Tong's FFRR label and have released various singles. For some reason Tom couldn't make it to Ibiza (he was in Italy) but that didn't stop Ian from being the guest at Slacker on tuesday and warming up for Skrillex with a good dose of deep house.

P1320285+-+copia.JPG

The ex-vocalist of post-hardcore band From First To Last and now world-famous DJ and producer Skrillex debuted at Ibiza Rocks this week (he headlined Mallorca Rocks twice back in 2014) with his only date on the island this year. Like his Jack Ü collaborator Diplo (who we saw on this same stage with his project Major Lazer last month), he's huge and attracts all kinds of audience but I didn't realize he was so popular among Spanish kids, who were a large percentage of the crowd last night. I'm incapable of reviewing Skrillex's music so I'll keep it sweet and short...

P1320664+-+copia.JPG

Afterwards Sol House's beautiful roof terrace was waiting to enjoy the spectacular Sant Bartomeu fireworks display...

Ibiza Rocks line-ups and tickets here:
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

Back