Ski and Techno at Caprices

Moondust

Me and the Mrs have been looking the Caprices Festival in Crans Montana Switzerland for a few years now. Been a couple of threads on it and a Spotlight review but any more info on it would be great.

One question we have is will there be any snow left? The festival runs from 9th to the 12th of April so you are at the end of the ski season.

Anybody been?? Any tips??

Cheers guys

I've been various times, but even though I am a skier, I never hit the slopes while at caprices. the main reason is that the best part of the festival - the MDRNTY daytime parties up on the mountain - is just too good to miss. the nighttime parties down in the village (still at 1500m altitude) are OK, but it's the daytime parties up on the mountain that make caprices what it is.

we actually decided that, if we ever go back, we'd only do the daytime parts and then chill at night.

as for snow, mostly there is still enough snow left for skiing. it's slush as it's end of season so it's definitely worth getting up on the mountain early in the morning. thinking about it, you could still do it, ski a few hours in the morning and then hit the party from say 1-2pm onwards. if you shower and change inbetween is up to you. but if you did that, you'd definitely have to take it easy at night!

caprices is a rather expensive treat, but if you can afford it, do it. it's fantastic.

I've been various times, but even though I am a skier, I never hit the slopes while at caprices. the main reason is that the best part of the festival - the MDRNTY daytime parties up on the mountain - is just too good to miss. the nighttime parties down in the village (still at 1500m altitude) are OK, but it's the daytime parties up on the mountain that make caprices what it is.

we actually decided that, if we ever go back, we'd only do the daytime parts and then chill at night.

as for snow, mostly there is still enough snow left for skiing. it's slush as it's end of season so it's definitely worth getting up on the mountain early in the morning. thinking about it, you could still do it, ski a few hours in the morning and then hit the party from say 1-2pm onwards. if you shower and change inbetween is up to you. but if you did that, you'd definitely have to take it easy at night!

caprices is a rather expensive treat, but if you can afford it, do it. it's fantastic.

Thanks Stivi, Yes were only really looking at the Mdrnty daytime event. We have priced up hotels and train and flights etc. The best flight price for us gives us 6 days there you see hence me asking about the skiing in around going to Mdrnty.

Back