Silvia....

Just few tales or short histories. The spiderwoman book it's supposed to be great

I started Lolita yesterday. It's delightfull :D

silvia said:
Just few tales or short histories. The spiderwoman book it's supposed to be great

I started Lolita yesterday. It's delightfull :D

Lolita is one of the greatest novels ever written - but as with Amis, I hope the translation to Spanish is OK.

The main character is just arrived to New YOrk and I didn't notice anything strange ;)

I think I didn't tell you but I have a friend from a Literature Forum who invited me an another girl for dinner and he gave us lots of books he had twice in his library, so I got home with 21 classic books like Lolita, Madame Bovary, The Mother and others :D

silvia said:
The main character is just arrived to New YOrk and I didn't notice anything strange ;)

I think I didn't tell you but I have a friend from a Literature Forum who invited me an another girl for dinner and he gave us lots of books he had twice in his library, so I got home with 21 classic books like Lolita, Madame Bovary, The Mother and others :D

No - you did tell me.

The amazing thing about Nabokov is that, although he was russian, he wrote many of his books in English, his second language, Lolita included. He had an amazing vocabulary and command of the language. 8)

synchronicity said:
No - you did tell me.

The amazing thing about Nabokov is that, although he was russian, he wrote many of his books in English, his second language, Lolita included. He had an amazing vocabulary and command of the language. 8)

I'm really enjoying it, it's easy to picture everything in mind and the main character is so fragile and delicate that you feel sorry for him from the first moment

Back