Shoes to wear in the clubs???

Miss P

Hey All

Just a quickie.....is it worth bringing any heels with me or would i be better off in flats??? A few people have said the streets are cobbled and heels can be difficult! (im an obvious ibiza virgin lol)

Any help would be appreciated guys!

:)

Hey All

Just a quickie.....is it worth bringing any heels with me or would i be better off in flats??? A few people have said the streets are cobbled and heels can be difficult! (im an obvious ibiza virgin lol)

Any help would be appreciated guys!

:)

I HAVE to answer this question!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

In the years and years and years I have been clubbing - I have only worn heels, wedges - anything that makes me seem taller than 5'6" and also I just dont feel good in flat shoes..... feel very blokey and not feminine in the slightest.

however this year, due to a sore foot I purchased a pair of very nice gladiator sandals and I can say for the first time in my life - I wore flat shoes every day and night - even for clubbing - and that's unheard of for me...

Officially, I can dance in flat shoes - felt weird at first but I got into the groove and danced my ass off. Its a 30% - 70% split I would say on shoes - the higher being the flat shoe wearers....

If I hadnt had the bad foot - it would have been 3-4" heels all the way .........:lol::lol:
(still prefer heels tho 8)8))

I agree with Pups on the fact that heels make you feel so much better and I am only 5 ft 3 without them!!!!

But I have to say in Ibiza I never wore heels....just for the comfort side of things. I think I just thought f**k it, flat shoes/flip flops all the way...I just know with some of my shoes I would have been in pain by a few hours and not have wanted to go home just because of some shoes!

I agree with Pups on the fact that heels make you feel so much better and I am only 5 ft 3 without them!!!!

But I have to say in Ibiza I never wore heels....just for the comfort side of things. I think I just thought f**k it, flat shoes/flip flops all the way...I just know with some of my shoes I would have been in pain by a few hours and not have wanted to go home just because of some shoes!

its the broken glass aspect that's worried me for years or people standing on my tootsies.... seen some horrible injuries due to ignorant people putting bottles and glasses on the floor (God you can tell I am getting old here) its just an accident waiting to happen.....

its the broken glass aspect that's worried me for years or people standing on my tootsies.... seen some horrible injuries due to ignorant people putting bottles and glasses on the floor (God you can tell I am getting old here) its just an accident waiting to happen.....

I have never thought about broken glass :oops: but yeah people standing on them hurts. I know I have done it to people as well in high heels and they were in sandals or something and boy did I feel guilty :oops:

I wore pumps to Camden Crawl and someone trod on my foot, I now have a bruised toenail :oops::cry::cry:

Yep, i cut my toe open in Pacha whilst wearing flats, very painful, lots of blood, and quite rubbish on a night out - wedges are the way forward!

was there last week an wore heels every night.. some of the streets in San An are cobbly.. but I managed okay. just make sure you take lots of plasters for any blisters. ouch!

Depends on the outfit don't it? I took wedges and heels last year and was surprised how well I coped except at Tiesto's concert in privilege I kept on sliding and my mates picked me up off the floor most of the night - but that was partly due to spilt drinks & overindulgence! :rolleyes::lol:

I'm 5'10" and can't imagine NOT wearing heels 8)....however I think I will be on the hunt for some wedges as suggested b/c i can forsee the pain on my feet coming already....i'm glad someone brought this topic up!

Do girls wear platform go-go type boots there for clubbing?

I'm packing for my first trip to the island and have a pair of platform dancing (rave) boots that are extremely comfy ... I wear them to dance events at home in Cali and they are great + make me feel great in my natural 5'1 frame ... do people wear these there???

Tried to attach a photo but guess I'm still too much of a virgin here :D

I'm packing for my first trip to the island and have a pair of platform dancing (rave) boots that are extremely comfy ... I wear them to dance events at home in Cali and they are great + make me feel great in my natural 5'1 frame ... do people wear these there???

Tried to attach a photo but guess I'm still too much of a virgin here :D

Like long knee high boots? Wont you be too hot? I know i could not wear anything covering my feet - i would roast!

Thanks for the response Red, your correct they are knee highs. My bf said the same, but at least according to yahoo the temps hi/lo here are not that dissimiliar with the temp there (though humidity could make quite a difference) and I'm fine w/ em on here in the evening, in fact at big events quite a few girls wear em even in Summer. They can be a bit warm, but are easy to walk in over rough surfaces and you can dance for hours in em w/out pain ... anyway, still wondering if you see em turn up much at clubs and events over there as I'm leaving in a week and am pondering packing em.

http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=xubdvfo.1kq4bu4g&x=0&y=-kgfmp2&localeid=en_US

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be waaaaaay too hot in those boots!!!! Im not sure if ive seen girls wearing them over there... i dont think i have...

But if you are used to wearing them in temps of 35/40 degree or higher in clubs, then you are probably going to be fine! Plus they do look comfy :D

Appreciate the insight Red ... think I'll pack em for now and make the final decision when I'm there ... besides why decide today what I can put it off till tomorrow :lol:

Def take a mix of heels and sexy flats, I tend to alternate just to give my feet a little rest on the odd days but you can glam up the flats, I have to say I never feel as dressed up or sexy in flat though and I find them difficult to dance in, ibiza town is where theres lots of cobble stones and uneven floor surfaces and everytime Ive been to ibiza town Ive been in heels and it has been a little uncomfortable walking around but once your in a bar/club theres no prob.

Back