Seriously thinking of moving over - job help please.

Mrs Mkcee to be

Hi after visiting for about 15 years myself and husband are looking at trying to move over.
Im a qualified accountant and he is a mechanic specilising in tractors and plant equipment.
I've been doing lots of research but haven't seem anything mentioned about the jobs we do.
Do things like this come up? Or there office type jobs for me.

Were happy to to be flexible and try something different but obviously if we can get something in our current fields that would be preferred. I just don't know where to start.

Thanks
Rachel x

Do you speak any Spanish? cos you'd be hard put to find any office job without a very good command of the language! As for tractor repairs, surprisingly I would say yes.... there's plenty of farm type places around ibiza so they must need their tractors repairing sometimes... but again if you/your husband don't speak Spanish it would be very difficult (the majority of the farmers here only speak Spanish/Catalan)
Sorry to sound sort of negative, but wouldn't want to give you false hope! :confused:

Thanks for the advice, I don't think it's negative just realistic and I had pretty much thought that would be the case. We're going to start lessons soon do hopefully that's the first step to moving over.
Thanks

Lessons are a massive help, in the meantime look at www.duolingo.com its a free website for learning languages and comes in a mobile app format as well. I should be on commission for them because I'm always banging on about it.

Its really helped me with my Spanish, especially writing. I still brick it a bit speaking, but my vocabulary has improved and I sent my mate an offensive text in Spanish yesterday, he showed his waiter, and he started pissing himself. So its obviously working.

Back