Sept 10 - 14th (sponsored by Vodafone)

VirgoVirgo

This was my 7th visit to Ibiza, quite possibly one of the best – nothing every reaches the heights of the first one, like the junky chasing that initial high… but I would have settled for this, that’s for sure.

Went with a few mates, some flying in and out from across the globe.

Stayed at apartments in Bossa, top notch accommodation tbf at a fraction of the equivalent hotel price, barely utilised. May as well have stayed in a beach hut.

Day 1 – Sat 10/09/16

Sat afternoon caught a flight out with Easyjet, delayed by an hour (natch) but landed and got out quickly, speedy boarding (natch) makes all the difference here J

Straight to the apartment where all the finer arrival details had been taken care of…..cor I’m really struggling to remember this.

I wanted to go Elrow @ Space, and my mate was sorting guestlist for this but Sankeys was a hell of a lot easier to sort – so after visiting a couple of bars and sinking a few drinks and what not we found ourselves in there, all with the intention of moving on to Space later on in the night – which turns out had absolutely zero chance of legitimately happening.

Sankeys was decent!

I think on reflection all I can remember doing is having a cracking night, after dropping half a Vodafone. I also remember speaking to lots of people in the silent disco… so, if you were one of them, apologies. Anyway, night ends, I go to that bar next to Garbi – go to get a round in (for complete & utter strangers), and realise I’ve lost my wallet and prescription sunglasses. Disaster. Although, ‘pon reflection probably a good thing as a beer in there is c.8EUR.

Call it a night (at about 9am), go back to get in the apartment, realise I have absolutely zero chance of working out how to a) get through the initial gate b) get through the external door c) operate the f—in lift (as it’s one of those key ones that opens up straight to the room) – total logistical nightmare! So I bed down on the beach….. not the greatest idea I’ve ever had.

So I go and bed down outside one of the external gates…. Turns out it was the wrong one.

Anyway, like some Iberian angel descended from heaven to look after me, a local chap takes me up to my room and says adios – scenes!

Day 2 – Sun 11/09/16

Wake up, look for my wallet, sunnies etc, realise they’re lost. This fills me with guilt for some strange reason… soon overcame it with a couple of Ibizan breakfasts.

Tonight I’m going Solomun+1, no question – fast forward towards about 0130 and in the queue with a couple of pals and through the gates.

What a party!

Absolutely brilliant crowd, really busy and probably busier than I’d like – but the crowd was largely Spanish who I find are really courteous with not a lot of egos, it’s September after all. In August I probably wouldn’t fancy as I’m assuming the makeup of the crowd would be slightly more attitude heavy than this… but Sept’s the best time, no question.

Found some space on one of the balconies directly above where Solly was, I think, actually tbh I’m not sure where the booth was. Didn’t really care. Great build up from MLT and then Solomun had the crowd in palm of his hand, it’s all about the loops J

Left there around 0730ish I think, floated back, quick beer on the terrace then bed.

Day 3 – Mon 12/09/16

Cocoon cocoon cocoon

Few beers around the pool in the afternoon, back up for a bit of a pre party and then in the cab flying (well it seemed like it) to Amnesia.

I don’t have the intellectual firepower to describe how good a party this was, it was just outrageously good. TBH it probably had something to do with the Vodafones but my god the music was absolutely perfect for my tastes. I was a bit divaish and stayed on the balconies for the most part but it let me check out all of the sets.

Sven’s the daddy tho really, isn’t he?

Anyway, Justyna/Justyn – the polish fashion designer – great to meet you! We had a ‘moment’, one of those ones where you’re both completely higher than the sun…. those ones.

Get back about 9am I think, back to the beach and then that bar again and still cracking on at about midday/1ish, scramble into bed.

Day 4 – Tue 13/09/16

Mambo for dinner – lots of pre partying, then Together @ Amnesia.

Went there with mates as had commitments, made a mistake in not checking out Space, as I assumed it’d cheek to cheek in there and I really didn’t fancy that as that winds me up no end and I like to dance – however it sounds like it wasn’t too bad. And seeing/hearing Coxy close this morning has made me regret this decision even more.

It was great to get looked after though and see how the more famous people in the scene exist. Won’t go into details but you can see how the island/the lifestyle chews some people and spits them out if they’re not careful .

Walking back around 1300hrs and getting in, I had one of those All Gone Pete Tong C-ke Badger moments…. Not ideal, but stuff got flushed.

Anyway, 4 hour delay to the flight home (nice) and back into bed.

The Ibiza blues are nowhere near as bad as before, last year physically was a total nightmare, I was convinced a demon had possessed members of my family and couldn’t quite work out the layout of my house for a good week or so.

This year I had some issues around working out my place on this planet, and wondering ‘what’s the point’ to a few things, well, anything actually.. but slowly integrating myself back into society and work is working a treat.

‘til next year! (health allowing)

Back