Self employed in Ibiza?

Slippy

I am pondering leaving my job at to relocate (June to October) to Ibiza.

I understand the work side of things but have worries about being self employed. I have toyed with the idea about leasing a bar in the west end but realised it wasn't for me.

My current sideline is selling high end designer clothing and accessories. Mostly web based however I have a few people who sell as well. I have a good understanding of where and when the stalls are setup in San An, Es Canar, etc, but need to know more info. I've priced a few shops; most are in the middle of nowhere, the only one that sounds reasonable is in Ibiza town. I don't really want to be based there although would consider it as an extension if year 1 was successful. I would rent a shop in San An if possible, however currently own a 10" x 10" counter stall and would be happy enough to start from there.

My main worries are

Do I need a license for street selling?
Will I be chased/fined by the taxman (Spanish equivelent)?
Will I rub anyone up the wrong way (Local stalls/looky looky bosses/hoods/police)?
How do I get a residency card if I have no work contract?

I've seen a few guys hiring electrical appliances, selling fruit, etc. They seem to be doing ok. They may not have been legal but started in a part time job before going out themselves.

Thanks for your time folks.

I take it will be easier to employ someone when I arrive than it is to get started myself. The initial from filling will be the problem.

I have been advised to have 2 operations going for different places in San An to cover the weekday markets when needed elsewhere.

You do need liscence for selling in the streets.
You don't need any residence permit cos Spain is in the UE and UK is in the UE.

Can't help in any other question

Cheers mate, I just wondered because I've often saw the police questioning del boys.

They usually produce a carbon copy of something, must be licenses or residence permits? I've been getting information from websites, it may be all outdated?

I haven't worked out there myself yet. Just partied hard most years. There seems to be less wheeling and dealing going on in Ibiza town. Mostly due to the ammount of shops it offers compared to anywhere else.

Have you seen any shops for sale or rent around San Antonio? I will be over at the start of June for a look. There never seems to be any in the areas I want.

Thanks for the help.

Hi there, Ive been toying with the idea of selling glo products in the streets for clubbers. Do you reckon theres a demand for it?

Back